anyone need a pair of krk rokit 5 G2 monitors?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
WeLoveYouToo

23 Jan 2019

i moved and when i set up my studio again, one of my monitors would play everything back at -30db.
anyways, after talking to krk support, the only real option is to replace the amp/circuitboard. its 78 bucks. i disassembled the faulty monitor and the speakers both work fine, its the amp that’s wonky.

anyways, i just ordered a pair of yamaha hs8w’s, figuring this is a good excuse to upgrade.
if anyone wants these and lives in portland, you can have them ostensibly for free, but practically for the 78 bucks a replacement amp will cost.

i can install the new ampboard, its not terribly difficult, its all crimps, not sodders at the speaker connections.

jam-s

23 Jan 2019

If you're into electronics you might be able to fix it much cheaper by just replacing the faulty components.

WeLoveYouToo

28 Jan 2019

jam-s wrote:
23 Jan 2019
If you're into electronics you might be able to fix it much cheaper by just replacing the faulty components.
if someone can fix them, it would be a free pair of monitors for them.
like i said, i have taken them apart, the speakers work, there’s electricity flowing through the board, i can’t pinpoint why the volume is low. krk only sells a complete replacement board including amp and x-over. it’s built with that sealant which prevents vinrations, but also makes component replacement way more trouble than the 78 bucks for a whole new board/amp/x-over.

plus, i already bought a much nicer set of monitors which are also much bigger so i can play over a drumset should i need to.

• Information