Microphone stand for recording

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Daria91

15 Dec 2018

Hello everybody!
There is a question about buying an additional two microphone stands. The choice is great, all black and almost the same. So it became interesting - is it worth bothering?
Should it be made of steel as Scissor Arm Stand [Mod: Spam link removed] is made? Steel sounds like durability, doesn’t it?
Does it make sense to take a heavier and it seems to be more stable, or is it all not important, take any and enjoy life?
Thank you in advance.

Mr. Watts

15 Dec 2018

Not sure what your question is exactly. I have an on-stage mic stand that is ok. It is a "tripod" with the 3 legs to balance it and if I were to buy another I would probably get one that has the round metal plate at the bottom instead since they take up less floor space and don't get tangled on cables as much. And yes I would assume anything made of steel would be durable. Also yes, enjoy life too!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2018

Get a heavy one. Solid.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mashers

18 Dec 2018

Since you said this is for recording, I'm going to say that it doesn't matter. You're not performing, picking the thing up and swinging it around. It doesn't need to be resilient, it just needs to keep the mic at face level.

• Information