Individual input hardware mixer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
fotizimo

06 Nov 2018

(At the risk of getting flamed, I have searched this topic, but haven't come to a definitive conclusion)

I am looking to see what others use as a method of inputting individual stereo tracks into Reason in such a way that each stereo input can be used as "Audio Devices"?

So I have a few hardware synths that I am able to send Midi to, and am currently limited by a Yamaha AG-06 device for audio input that only allows a single stereo (or dual-mono channels) at any given time, and I am looking to increase this to around 6.

I found the Motu Ultralite-MK4 which seems to have the desired amount of inputs, but i am not sure (and even read the manual) if those input channels will show up in a DAW such as Reason as individual lines that can be treated distinctly.

Berhinger also seems to have a few devices which may suffice, but again, I am unsure if they will show up in a DAW individually, so thought I would ask around here. This is solely for studio based recording and not live., so all mixing functions would be accomplished within Reason.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

fullforce

06 Nov 2018

Page 1277.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fotizimo

06 Nov 2018

fullforce wrote:
06 Nov 2018
Page 1277.
Uum, what?
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

Crumbfort

06 Nov 2018

Seems like any audio interface with at least 6 analog inputs should suit your needs, unless I'm misinterpreting your question? I use an RME UFX with both the analog/adat inputs.
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

fotizimo

06 Nov 2018

So I guess my question isn't about the total amount of input connections, but how they show up in a DAW. With my Yamaha AG-06, there are a total of 6 channels of physical connections (XLR, TRS), but the audio is summarized as per the mixing settings and sent to the DAW as either a single stereo channel, or two mono channels.

I am looking to see if I can find an interface that has multiple stereo channels of input that show up individually within the DAW, and not summarized/mixed already.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

Crumbfort

06 Nov 2018

Oh, gotcha! I see what ya mean. Yeah any multichannel audio interface will get you there and all the channels will show up individually in Reason. They won't be summed together before they hit your DAW as they would on a stereo output mixer type interface.
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

fotizimo

06 Nov 2018

Crumbfort wrote:
06 Nov 2018
Oh, gotcha! I see what ya mean. Yeah any multichannel audio interface will get you there and all the channels will show up individually in Reason. They won't be summed together before they hit your DAW as they would on a stereo output mixer type interface.
Would you happen to know of an example that you know works? I am thinking the Motu models will work, but want to be sure prior to ordering.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini

Crumbfort

08 Nov 2018

fotizimo wrote:
06 Nov 2018
Crumbfort wrote:
06 Nov 2018
Would you happen to know of an example that you know works? I am thinking the Motu models will work, but want to be sure prior to ordering.
Didn't mean to leave you hanging there. As far as audio interfaces, I started with with an old MBox, switched to an old Digi 002, now I have an RME UFX and an Audient id14. All have worked great with Reason. I don't want to push you into buying any particular interface, so I'd just say do a bunch of research before pulling the trigger on anything to make sure it's got the features you're looking for.

• Information