Ssl nucleus and reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Saxplayerz

16 Oct 2018

I was looking at the SSL nucleus and saw that it work with reason. Is anybody actually using one with reason?

demt

19 Oct 2018

doesnt have MTK,essential for in DAW mastering.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

selig
RE Developer

19 Oct 2018

Saxplayerz wrote:I was looking at the SSL nucleus and saw that it work with reason. Is anybody actually using one with reason?
I’m at the AES show today and went by the SSL booth, but they don’t have this product on display. Was hoping to get a look at it and see if there were any Reason-specific features (unlikely) or if it was more generic.
Sorry I don’t have any real feedback for you. :(

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Saxplayerz

24 Oct 2018

selig wrote:
19 Oct 2018
Saxplayerz wrote:I was looking at the SSL nucleus and saw that it work with reason. Is anybody actually using one with reason?
I’m at the AES show today and went by the SSL booth, but they don’t have this product on display. Was hoping to get a look at it and see if there were any Reason-specific features (unlikely) or if it was more generic.
Sorry I don’t have any real feedback for you. :(

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
It seems unusual that they wouldn't have one to show off. Thanks for checking!

marcuswitt

25 Oct 2018

Saxplayerz wrote:
16 Oct 2018
I was looking at the SSL nucleus and saw that it work with reason. Is anybody actually using one with reason?
After trying the Nucleus 2 in conjunction with Reason 10.2 for a few days, I can clearly say that - sorry to SSL - it’s not worth the amount of money you would have to spend for that unit. I was curious too, so I’ve ordered one to test it. But just yesterday I’ve returned it to the shop at which I bought it.
In my opinion, you’ll get the same functionality that the Nucleus possesses through buying and combining an Icon Qcon Pro G2 (https://iconproaudio.com/product/qcon-pro-g2/) plus one extender, Qcon Pro G2 EX, and an audio interface of your choice, maybe something like that: http://motu.com/products/proaudio/828es. And all that stuff together will cost you a fraction of what SSL calls up for a Nucleus.

• Information