MPK mini Play

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
brand

11 Oct 2018

Just saw a message from Akai about the “mpk mini play”. An mpk mini with some built in sounds. + midi controller.
I like the mini and this new thing just looks like fun for stand alone.
Anyone else see this?

brand

11 Oct 2018

OTOH, I don’t see any feature to be able to loop something, which would come in handy for just on the fly layering.

RobC

11 Oct 2018

Are those sounds fixed, or... no trace of adding user sounds. Yet I so would love a simple sampler, that would be this portable and comfy.

brand

11 Oct 2018

RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018
no trace of adding user sounds.
That's the thing, right? I'd say add $50 to the price, give it a way to sample, and loop and save, then maybe?...

The picture shows a TR-808 set. Which is great, but could you make a beat and then loop and layer over some keyboard...I do not see how. I guess maybe if you could output the sound to a phone to create tracks, you could have a take-along instrument...

RobC

12 Oct 2018

brand wrote:
11 Oct 2018
RobC wrote:
11 Oct 2018
no trace of adding user sounds.
That's the thing, right? I'd say add $50 to the price, give it a way to sample, and loop and save, then maybe?...

The picture shows a TR-808 set. Which is great, but could you make a beat and then loop and layer over some keyboard...I do not see how. I guess maybe if you could output the sound to a phone to create tracks, you could have a take-along instrument...
AKAI does have at least a drum pad which is like the LPD8, only with possibility of loading samples; twice the price, but I might grab it one day.
I'd rather like without the need of any other tool, so no phone, whatsoever. Dunno why they don't do one like their sampler drum pad; only for keys.

• Information