Novation SL MKIII MIDI Controller - Presentation

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
iramrezso

19 Sep 2019

So as far as I see this controller has no mapping for the Mixer view. Is it right?
If so does it mean that it's not possible to mute/solo and change volume even of the selected track from the controller?

QVprod

19 Sep 2019

Their support page answers this. https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en ... tup-Reason
Due to changes in the way that control surfaces integrate with Reason, we have not implemented mixer control in to the reason script for the SL MKIII.
Mute and solos would be tied to the mixer. Sounds unfortunate, but you may not miss it. As a Panorama user I still tend to use the mouse most of the time.

iramrezso

19 Sep 2019

QVprod wrote:
19 Sep 2019
Mute and solos would be tied to the mixer. Sounds unfortunate, but you may not miss it. As a Panorama user I still tend to use the mouse most of the time.
Yes I know that statement. So no change since then.
And is it true that mute/solo/volume can not be set on the active track?

Anyway I'm also a P4 user and use the mosue/keyboard in the most cases. However I use P4 to set solo/mute/volume on the active track a lot so I find this functionality important.

I'd appreciate if a user who currently uses the SL MKIII for Reason could shed some light on thi thing :)

• Information