Nektar Panorama P4 and Reason 10.2

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
iramrezso

26 Sep 2018

After starting Reason 10.2, it says that Panorama midi port number has been changed. I deleted and added it back by selecting midi port 4 (instead of 2 that was used before). From that point the Preferences window in Reason crashes with unknown error and cannot be opened again.
Is there a solution for it?

friday

26 Sep 2018

Hi iramrezso you are not alone, i also have some very weird problems since the update to 10.2 with my Panorma P4, where reason crashes some times!

It happens when i try to make a "Remote Override Mapping". Sometimes reason crashes fully and i needed to reboot windows otherwise reason did not start again.

And when reason did not crash, the rotary knobs only had two conditions, closed or open, nothing in between.

Please all you Panorama P4 Users can you test the "Remote Override Mappping" ???

Thanks

QVprod

26 Sep 2018

Only issue I had was the Reason 10 mappings somehow got erased and I had to re-download the Reason mapping files from Nektar. Otherwise everything works as normal here other than some occasional hung notes if I tweak certain parameters while playing. I'm on OSX.

MonsterRadioMan

28 Sep 2018

I just got a Nektar Panorama and I'm also having the issue with the hung notes. So this wasn't an issue before? What an annoying bug! I'm also having this issue where when I move fader 2 it moves the mod wheel! This seems a little bizarre. I checked out Cubase and it's not having the same issue. It does it in every device in Reason as well! I'm on Windows 10.

MonsterRadioMan

28 Sep 2018

I've discovered another issue. This could be on me, I'm not sure. I'm still learning this thing. When in Kong and Redrum, the pads seem to be triggering other pads. Again, I checked in cubase and the pads aren't broken or anything. In Groove Agent I'm not getting any weird double triggering or anything. But in Kong for instance, when I hit pad 2 it also triggers pad 1. It is always the one next to it. In some cases its other weird notes. In Redrum its starts muting notes. It's really bizarre. Now I haven't had this keyboard since after 10.2 so I don't know to what extent these issues are related to 10.2 or not.

MonsterRadioMan

28 Sep 2018

So interesting with the hung notes. I just plugged in my sustain pedal. Now, I get the stuck notes but when I hit my sustain pedal after the notes get stuck it stops them. So that means that its triggering weird cc messages out or something. It seems like there's some weird midi information that may have gotten messed up with 10.2 update?

friday

29 Sep 2018

So at the moment it seams to be a issue with reason 10.2, windows and nektar panorama p4. Please everybody out there with the same configuration, can you test the "remote override mapping" feature?

QVprod

29 Sep 2018

friday wrote:
29 Sep 2018
So at the moment it seams to be a issue with reason 10.2, windows and nektar panorama p4. Please everybody out there with the same configuration, can you test the "remote override mapping" feature?
Remote override worked fine for me.

WeLoveYouToo

30 Sep 2018

i have a P4, but haven't connected it to my computer yet as i moved and havent set up my studio yet, but i will try soon and respond.

WeLoveYouToo

30 Sep 2018

so i cannot confirm this wasn't the case before, as i seldom use remote override, but it confused CC channels. at first i thought it was fine, but it wont let the infinite knobs set any value besides on/off; only the slider controls will give a value between 0-127. also, it thinks that my 2nd fader from the left is the mod wheel.
no crash, but it does slow the program when auto-detecting midi input.
oh, and i am on osx 10.11 el capitan

WeLoveYouToo

30 Sep 2018

i redownloaded the nektar panorama reason integration files, or whatever they are called from nektar's website..
they are locked behind a "my account" section which i couldn't remember my password to (but eventually did)
anyways, i deleted the panorama P4 midi setup and reinstalled it. i tried remote override mapping again and now it works fine.

http://support.nektartech.com

friday

30 Sep 2018

Hi good to hear that i am not the only one. Had the same issue, fader works with 0-127 but rotary knobs only works with on/off.
I had tried to reinstall the nektar driver and remote files, but did not delete the panorama in the reason midi settings. Will try this next time when i am in the Studio.

Thanks for the feedback, and your solution!
WeLoveYouToo wrote:
30 Sep 2018
so i cannot confirm this wasn't the case before, as i seldom use remote override, but it confused CC channels. at first i thought it was fine, but it wont let the infinite knobs set any value besides on/off; only the slider controls will give a value between 0-127. also, it thinks that my 2nd fader from the left is the mod wheel.
no crash, but it does slow the program when auto-detecting midi input.
oh, and i am on osx 10.11 el capitan

WeLoveYouToo

30 Sep 2018

to be clear, i deleted panoramas midi configuration from my os midi settings, not juat reason itself, as per the faq on the nektartech website. the windows troubleshooting guide may be different so check it out.
good luck, let us know if it gets fixed.
friday wrote:
30 Sep 2018
Hi good to hear that i am not the only one. Had the same issue, fader works with 0-127 but rotary knobs only works with on/off.
I had tried to reinstall the nektar driver and remote files, but did not delete the panorama in the reason midi settings. Will try this next time when i am in the Studio.

Thanks for the feedback, and your solution!

MonsterRadioMan

01 Oct 2018

So I don't know if this will solve the Remote Override problem, but on my end the issue was the new "Easy Midi" feature that was added. It basically automatically assigned midi 4 to it and they were conflicting. After I unchecked the box all my issues went away including the stuck notes. Hopefully that will help somebody!

MonsterRadioMan

02 Oct 2018

Okay now I'm having issues in Rewire. When I'm rewired to Cubase, Nektar Panorama doesn't let me control Reason's instruments. And it gets weirder, when I try to deselect the Panorama P4 from "Keyboard Input" (which is recommended on Nektar's website for Rewire use), it causes Reason to start giving me this "Unknown Exception" error. I close Preferences and try to reopen and now every time it gives me that error. So I restart Reason. Open it up and it shows "Panorama P4" in the "Easy Midi" inputs and the "Panorama" is red with an X. It is so frustrating! Can anyone who uses both programs and Nektar confirm this?

iramrezso

04 Oct 2018

I can't setup Panorama even if I uncheck its MIDI4 and MIDI2 ports in Easy MIDI list. Setting up Panorama manually and selecting MIDI port 4 the OK button is disabled.

iramrezso

04 Oct 2018

iramrezso wrote:
04 Oct 2018
I can't setup Panorama even if I uncheck its MIDI4 and MIDI2 ports in Easy MIDI list. Setting up Panorama manually and selecting MIDI port 4 the OK button is disabled.
Ignore it. I must set keyboard input to not selected. However I still get Unkown Error when opening Preferences tab.

friday

05 Oct 2018

My workaround was to delete the P4 in the Reason Settings, disabled all the P4 ports in the midi easy settings and than added the P4 again with auto discover. Now it works as expected!

• Information