Akai mini driver problems

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2018

I was testing an AKAI Mpc Mini this last week, I have just plugged it into reason, selected the driver from the list of pre-installed drivers and it seemed to work, keys and pads were ok, but the knobs were not recognized. I had no other installation drivers and I put it back to its box...

The guy said I had to use the drivers from AKAI, but should not those preinstalled work the same way?

Haz wondering if the Akai Midimix is going to be supported in the next Reason update as well and check if this was a problem only for me or others as well

cheerz

brand

24 Sep 2018

I know. I had the same issue. I think now there is new mapping for the mini and I switched to the native mapping. But I can’t remember about the knobs now.

Before, I had posted about the knobs in 2017. Artotaku helped out. He said to use the generic midi keyboard mapping at that time and then map the knobs using remote mapping. Which I think I at least started to get to work.

But the new mapping is better for the pads I think. Btw, I think I had found some videos on mini knob mapping so that could be worth a look.

The mpk mini editor does work if I recall, but it’s a bit confusing too (at least to me)...

brand

24 Sep 2018

Mini (Minnie) Driver. I just realized. That’s funny.

prophecy

23 Oct 2018

I just got a Mini Mk2 and Reason Lite 10, so I'm very new here. Where/what system are you guys using to assign mapping to the knobs? In my head it gets done in Reason, and I can remap for every Instrument/Patch/whatever. Is that right, or do I need to do some pre-work before I open reason with Akai drivers?
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

• Information