Question about external hard drive for NI KOMPLETE

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jowe79

13 Sep 2018

Hello! I have a question about how to install komplete 11 or 12 in my laptop! i have a msi laptop with internal SSD 1TB with windows 10 installed ... a second hard drive serial ATA normal ... rotative .... and external hdd 4tb lacie USB-C .... the question iS ... what is it better for best perfirmance for use in reason 10? 1- install all package of NI KOMPLETE IN my Ssd 1tb samsung pro m.2 with windows 10 installed too? 2-or install all package in 7200 rpm internal HDD of my laptop? 3-Or install library of sound only in external harddrive usb-c ??? thanks !! Jordi

selig
RE Developer

13 Sep 2018

I’m not sure exactly what is best for you, but for me I recently had to move the Komplete library to my external drive because I was running out of room on the internal (the default install location). Plus, I had just added some additional libraries which pushed me over the edge.
It’s easy to change the install location, and worst case is some older song files may ask for the new location when you load them (I added the new location in my Finder Favorites so it’s easy to update old song files quickly).

My internal drive is a fusion (not pure SSD) 1 TB, and running the library on the external USB drive hasn’t revealed any issues so far.
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

QVprod

13 Sep 2018

The SSD comes most in handy for Kontakt libraries as the samples will load much fasterThe other stuff won't have any extra benefits. On my main machine I have all the programs installed to my main hard drive and the Kontakt libraries
(and basically all sample based content) on a separate 7200rpm hard drive.

• Information