Zoom H3-VR audio recorder

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

joeyluck

13 Sep 2018

This is certainly an interesting design choice. I guess it's shape makes it easy for placing on a table, if not on a stand. The demo sounds great.

When I saw a teaser for it, I was thinking it would be an alternative to the Sennheiser AMBEO VR mic...
Which Zoom supports with it's F4/F8/F8n recorders
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... microphone

I imagine soon after this, they will offer a "freestanding version" VR mic to be used with their other field recorders.

VR/360 is also something I would like to adventure into. I'm currently enjoying recording with my in-ear binaural mics and Zoom F1. If I had something to capture 360 video, then something like this would be very beneficial.

selig
RE Developer

13 Sep 2018

Ha! Was going to post this earlier today, but had to run errands - was thinking you might be interested!

Some really cool products coming from Zoom these days...

Ambisonic audio has more uses than just for 360 videos. I consider it a future proof format that can be converted to stereo or 5.1 or 360.
Am considering this mic for sure!

The lav recorder is also cool, since you can use different mics for it too. That mixer looks amazing for the price as well.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

13 Sep 2018

selig wrote:
13 Sep 2018
Ha! Was going to post this earlier today, but had to run errands - was thinking you might be interested!

Some really cool products coming from Zoom these days...

Ambisonic audio has more uses than just for 360 videos. I consider it a future proof format that can be converted to stereo or 5.1 or 360.
Am considering this mic for sure!

The lav recorder is also cool, since you can use different mics for it too. That mixer looks amazing for the price as well.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Oh yeah I dig most everything they make! Really innovative company. I've been a fan since I had the ST-224 sampler...that's how I used to compose all my music. And then I had the H4n before I got the H5.

And yeah the H3-VR certainly has many uses, I was only stating what I'd like to use it for. Only thing is I don't think Reason supports Ambisonic audio, as I can't import any ambiX wav files into Reason. So might have to adventure to another DAW for the ambiX and 5.1 stuff. I imagined if I was doing video, I'd be working in some video software anyways. Although there will be free software included, so looking forward to checking that out.

It is smaller than the product images make it look, but still an interesting design that might not be as handy/portable as I might like. Although, it would look cool just out sitting on my desk :) It looks more like a home device design than something for the field... Would love to try it out, but I doubt the two Guitar Centers and Sam Ash near me will carry it (none of them even carried the F1).

• Information