audio inputs max n.o.of

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
demt

04 Sep 2018

well not quite max but it would be nice to run a drumkit through reasons mixer with a channel for each hardware drum and different chanells for leads, effects and bass/es
the nearest i got is

i was wondering if there's similar and weather reasons up to 16 or more audio inputs
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

sublunar

04 Sep 2018

Buy interface with more inputs = get more inputs

normen

04 Sep 2018

Reason can support up to 64 audio inputs, yep.

splangie

05 Sep 2018

Has anyone had any experience recording live with around 16 tracks using Reason? If so can you give specs on the pc, audio interface, general experience etc...

normen

06 Sep 2018

splangie wrote:
05 Sep 2018
Has anyone had any experience recording live with around 16 tracks using Reason? If so can you give specs on the pc, audio interface, general experience etc...
I regularly record 16+ channels with an old MacBook Air i5 with 1,6 GHz, no issues. It’s connected to a Midas M32 via USB. Only annoying thing is exporting the audio due to Reasons way of storing all audio in one big file.

splangie

06 Sep 2018

normen wrote:
06 Sep 2018
I regularly record 16+ channels with an old MacBook Air i5 with 1,6 GHz, no issues. It’s connected to a Midas M32 via USB. Only annoying thing is exporting the audio due to Reasons way of storing all audio in one big file.

Cool. That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you for the info.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

07 Sep 2018

MOTU 2408s.... Got 1 in our hardware rack and have 24 channels already. If we strapped in 4 of them we could have 96 audio inputs (ideal for orchestral stuff where every single instrument gets a mic).

64 channels are more than enough, hell even 24 is a decent number to play with, especially in the box and out the box mixing (2408 optically linked in and out to Mackie d8b so 24 'tape' channels from PC, plus 24 channels routable to the 2408 on the fly from the Mackie desk so line inputs or tape inputs can be re-routed to and from anywhere we choose).

We can route out Addictive Drums from Reason (or other host) via separate outs to the Mackie, then through outboard, back into the Mackie line inputs then back to 2408 into Reason audio channels and arm them. Latency and round-trip of course will have timing issues (due to cable length, hardware processing etc).

Cubase (cough splutter) has a decent 'ping' timing check for in-the-box to out-the-box latency round trip from the DAW to the hardware and back, reported in ms so we can have hardware latency compensation. Of course if we change our fx chain externally, we would re-ping to get new latency.

So yeah totally possible

• Information