Farewell, MoogerFoogers...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

28 Aug 2018

... Eurorack killed 'em! (imo) No new takers...(imo) Sonically, still Great! (Fact.)

Today we say farewell to the Moogerfooger family of voltage-controlled analog effects after a 20-year production run. As one of the longest running lines in the Moog Factory, the Moogerfooger family holds a special place in our hearts. We will continue building a limited quantity of units here at the Moog Factory while our remaining inventory of parts and materials last.

... first introduced by Bob Moog in 1998 with two pedals based on original Moog synth-module designs: the MF-101 Low Pass Filter and the MF-102 Ring Modulator.

...Today, the three remaining Moogerfoogers currently produced in the Moog Factory are the same three that started this journey, the MF-101, MF-102, and MF-103.
These units are available for a limited time...

The MuRF... Shelved Earlier... still a Best.

https://www.moogmusic.com

Faastwalker

05 Sep 2018

O1B wrote:
28 Aug 2018
... Eurorack killed 'em! (imo)
Quite probably. Guitar pedals were very popular for synth heads traditionally. But possible Eurorack would have steered people away from pedals to a rack of synth modules? I'd imagine this could be the case. When I heard the news about the Mooger Foogers being discontinued my first thought was surprise that they had not released them as Eurorack modules already. Bob moog was obviously a pioneer of modular synths & synthesis itself. Kind of surprising Moog haven't done much in this arena beyond the Mother devices & those monstrous original systems (that start at $10,000 US for the small one!!). The Mother series certainly demonstrates a desire to fill a Moog Eurorack hole. I think it would be a welcome move. Just put the Mooger Foogers into a Eurorack module. They would be massive. They are already proven & much loved. They would sell like hot cakes, even at Moog prices, I'm sure.

O1B

05 Sep 2018

I’ll be keeping all my Moogers. I MuRf daily.

I went from
iTB Reason 5.0 to
VSTs n REs to
TR-08 n Electribe to
MXR n Empress to
Pioneer n Dreadbox to
Frostwave. Period. to
Moog n KOMA
to
Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Serge Random*Source.
Cwejman:

Game ON.
Faastwalker wrote:
05 Sep 2018
O1B wrote:
28 Aug 2018
... Eurorack killed 'em! (imo)
Quite probably. Guitar pedals were very popular for synth heads traditionally. But possible Eurorack would have steered people away from pedals to a rack of synth modules? I'd imagine this could be the case. When I heard the news about the Mooger Foogers being discontinued my first thought was surprise that they had not released them as Eurorack modules already. Bob moog was obviously a pioneer of modular synths & synthesis itself. Kind of surprising Moog haven't done much in this arena beyond the Mother devices & those monstrous original systems (that start at $10,000 US for the small one!!). The Mother series certainly demonstrates a desire to fill a Moog Eurorack hole. I think it would be a welcome move. Just put the Mooger Foogers into a Eurorack module. They would be massive. They are already proven & much loved. They would sell like hot cakes, even at Moog prices, I'm sure.

Hauser+Quaid

12 Sep 2018

:| I always wanted one of their delays. Could never justify the price though.

• Information