Best Roland d50/05 emu Linear Synth in Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Aug 2018

Talking about the D-05 Linear Synthesizer

Polyphonic sequencer arpeggiator apart (!) (just sound regarding)

What could be the closest Synth in Reason?

Roland made a VSt of it, but it is only available to cloud subscribers, and no way to other ways to get it...
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/ ... -shootout/

PeZiK

22 Aug 2018

I think Vecto from RP comes close in character. At least that's my feeling when I play Vecto. Judge for your self ;)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nstrument/

P.

raymondh

23 Aug 2018

PeZiK wrote:
22 Aug 2018
I think Vecto from RP comes close in character. At least that's my feeling when I play Vecto. Judge for your self ;)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/rack-ext ... nstrument/

P.
I completely agree. Vecto is almost like a blend between a Roland D50/LA synth, and a Korg Wavestation.
In no way an emulation, and the sounds are different, but it takes you sound the synth+sample path and it is a great synth !

Re8et
Competition Winner

24 Aug 2018

I GOT IT!
The Boutique D-05
I've studied it all night long, and it also was an ex demo at discounted price...
Now I got one standalone editor for windows and the whole BobbyBlues patchbanks…

Its LA engine stands for Linear Synthesizer, partials, and has the dual synth/sampler engine as Vecto and Zvork Oberon, Europa also has sample/wavetable,
Even if the Partial synth engine maybe it's more something like Parsec engine???

I should demo Vecto at some point in the future, I have no idea how it will be editing the sounds on this little jewel, I still haven't mastered the Oberon completely, and judging from my past experience with the Ensoniq EPS similar matrix, it could take forever.... anyway!!!

It would be nice to have a similar Synth in Reason and be able to share sysex or midi patches with it, in a similar way to the dx7 free vst and the Volca FM....

Anway, getting infos on this Synth on the Roland website it's really a pain.... the manuals are on static webpages and not on main site...
no power cables in the box, no manuals... sheesh, where are we supposed to get info on firmware updates????
Maybe I have to register it.... sure no easy info around....

raymondh

24 Aug 2018

Re8et wrote:
24 Aug 2018
I GOT IT!
The Boutique D-05
I've studied it all night long, and it also was an ex demo at discounted price...
Now I got one standalone editor for windows and the whole BobbyBlues patchbanks…

Its LA engine stands for Linear Synthesizer, partials, and has the dual synth/sampler engine as Vecto and Zvork Oberon, Europa also has sample/wavetable,
Even if the Partial synth engine maybe it's more something like Parsec engine???

I should demo Vecto at some point in the future, I have no idea how it will be editing the sounds on this little jewel, I still haven't mastered the Oberon completely, and judging from my past experience with the Ensoniq EPS similar matrix, it could take forever.... anyway!!!

It would be nice to have a similar Synth in Reason and be able to share sysex or midi patches with it, in a similar way to the dx7 free vst and the Volca FM....

Anway, getting infos on this Synth on the Roland website it's really a pain.... the manuals are on static webpages and not on main site...
no power cables in the box, no manuals... sheesh, where are we supposed to get info on firmware updates????
Maybe I have to register it.... sure no easy info around....
Congratulations!

LA used to stand for Linear Arithmetic. I had an Roland MT-32 when it was first released so it was pretty special for me! Roland seems to have dropped the "Arithmetic" from their description.

Anyway have fun! The D-50 was a classic, and if you are looking for inspiration, check out Jean-Michel Jarre's use in the Revolutions Album!

Re8et
Competition Winner

23 Sep 2018

I have played almost one month with it, and I got to know it a little better, here are a few things I did not quite get before:

It has four synths parts per sound patch, that actually works as if it has four oscillators, with two common filter section per two osc.

It's not possible to upload a wave, or loop. It has its own selection of basic soundwaves and loops.

The sequencer works only in step mode, so no easy overdub note recording.

The batteries will not charge while usb powered.

I've had a great fun playing it this month, I managed to make some patches and save them within the synth, without the help from real time editor, great little synth!

• Information