Percussa SSP: Host VSTs In Your Eurorack System

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
O1B

31 Jul 2018

https://www.percussa.com/super-signal-processor/

The Super Signal Processor (SSP) is a sound synthesis platform in Eurorack format, based on a powerful quad-core ARM Cortex A17 processor. It offers 16 input channels and 8 output channels, USB host and device ports, and a micro SD card slot.

Here’s what’s new in the latest update:

ST2 / VST3 Support + New VST module – The SSP can now host VST2 and VST3 plugins. The software automatically creates a “plugins” directory on your card where you can put VST plugins. Note that the VSTs must be compiled for linux / armhf, not the more common Mac/Windows platforms.
QuadVCA VST Plugin – The Quad VCA has 8 input and 8 output channels. It takes channels [1,2], [3,4], [5,6] and [7,8] and multiplies the channels and then outputs the result through channels 1, 3, 5, and 6. Output channels 2, 4, 6, and 8 are the inverted versions of the output signals.
BitCrusher module – the bit crusher has an input for the signal to crush, and one output. It has bits and rate parameters / modulation targets.
Module Picker – If you navigate in the patcher grid and press encoder 1, you will now go to the module selection screen. You can navigate in the module picker using the encoders or cursor keys and press encoder 1 or 2 to confirm your selection.

normen

31 Jul 2018

motuscott

31 Jul 2018

halloween cuke.jpg
halloween cuke.jpg (158.55 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

O1B

01 Aug 2018

A eurorack module based on one of the fastest ARM processors available, the quad core Cortex A17, and high end ADC/DAC converters offering 16in/8out @ 192kHz 32-bit

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pe ... ack-module
Funding period

Aug 4 2017 - Sep 3 2017 (30 days)

Dimensions and Front Panel

60HP width, 3U in height (eurorack compatible, see pledges for customization options)
50mm depth behind front panel (estimated)
2mm thick CNC machined / laser cut aluminium front panel, sandblasted and black anodized (see pledges for customization options)
Power

350mA @ +12V and 50mA @ -12V consumption (estimated)
Standard 16-pin eurorack power connector

O1B

01 Aug 2018

Change can be scary, Normen. Don't be afraid.

emilng

02 Aug 2018

I can't exactly pinpoint why I really dislike this module. Something about the combination of size, price, and aesthetics seem all wrong for Eurorack to me. I much prefer the http://www.orthogonaldevices.com/er-301 even though it's still basically a small computer in your rack. I think the issue is that for me a module should be like a musician in an orchestra and by shoving this... thing in your rack it makes your rack feel like a rock band playing with a backing orchestra rather than the orchestra being the point.

Faastwalker

05 Aug 2018

Something of an oxymoron, surely?

O1B

13 Aug 2018

That ER-301 is not exactly ready for prime time.
Im not sold on the P SSP, yet. I prefer as little lights as possible... no latency.

BUT - I'll never give up my Mordax DATA, and a O'tool is on order.
There is a place for DSP... VSTs, and REs, in the rack.

emilng wrote:
02 Aug 2018
I can't exactly pinpoint why I really dislike this module. Something about the combination of size, price, and aesthetics seem all wrong for Eurorack to me. I much prefer the http://www.orthogonaldevices.com/er-301 even though it's still basically a small computer in your rack. I think the issue is that for me a module should be like a musician in an orchestra and by shoving this... thing in your rack it makes your rack feel like a rock band playing with a backing orchestra rather than the orchestra being the point.

emilng

14 Aug 2018

O1B wrote:
13 Aug 2018
Im not sold on the P SSP, yet. I prefer as little lights as possible... no latency.

I have no issues with DSP. It's the overwhelming size of it in the rack that I have an issue with. It's no longer a module if it takes up the width of your case. I have less issue with the standalone version. I feel the same way about sticking a Behringer Neutron in the rack. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

If you can stick VSTs and REs in the rack in a form factor that makes sense for Eurorack then sure go for it. I'm happy enough with hooking up my computer to my Eurorack and letting the computer handle the VSTs and REs.

What would the O'tool give you that the Mordax DATA doesn't?

O1B

18 Aug 2018

I agree. the PSS P is a lot of HP.
But, to WMD Performance Mix, I had to reserve ~80HP - and it is worth it!
Im looking forward to the new MB Air - so a mac is my DSP hub.

About the O'tool. I needed an analysis tool for the road.
The DATA is great: 4 channels vs two

- but NO VU (RMS/Peak)
The O'Tool is much more handy for scrolling through views, the screen's text size and graphical placement are much more readable on the fly -
saving 8 HP.
emilng wrote:
14 Aug 2018
O1B wrote:
13 Aug 2018

I have no issues with DSP. It's the overwhelming size of it in the rack that I have an issue with. It's no longer a module if it takes up the width of your case. I have less issue with the standalone version. I feel the same way about sticking a Behringer Neutron in the rack. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

If you can stick VSTs and REs in the rack in a form factor that makes sense for Eurorack then sure go for it. I'm happy enough with hooking up my computer to my Eurorack and letting the computer handle the VSTs and REs.

What would the O'tool give you that the Mordax DATA doesn't?

• Information