Unable to choose Active Output Channels for Re-Amping

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
zruddwitz

15 Jul 2018

Hello everyone,

first off all, sorry, if this topic has already been discussed, I am new here and I was just not able to find any relevant and helpful information anywhere. The closest was the topic on Disabled Active Input Channels but that has not helped me much.

My problem is that I have recently bought a re-amp box to try some re-amping with my effect pedals in Reason 10.

The procedure, as I understood, is plugging the re-amp box to one of the TRS outputs of my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, panning the channel to the designated output and record the re-amped track into a new audio track.

However, the issue is, as you can see in the attached screenshot, that when trying to select outputs for my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen, the option in which I could select these inputs and outputs is "greyed out".

I am also running ASIO4ALL, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, have the Scarlett drivers updated, but there is no change.

Am I even doing this right? Anyone has any experience with re-amping in Reason using a simple 2-output audio interface?

Thank you in advance for your inputs.
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (139.43 KiB) Viewed 970 times

QVprod

15 Jul 2018

Your inputs are already active. You don’t need to do anything further.

tibah

15 Jul 2018

You can still select inputs directly on the audio track itself, if unsure. :)
audio input.jpg
audio input.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 959 times

Arquero Powers

09 Jul 2019

I'm having the same issue, only I'm using an M-Audio 2x2m. The only audio I manage to get from a Radial JCR passive reamp box is thin and gross and turning up gain at any stage from anything only creates feedback. There is NO WAY to select the output to an effects send, only to the return. There is an article on Sweetwater that clearly states one must assign an output one intends to connect to reamp to A SEND.
Feel quite stupid 🙁

• Information