Novation Ultranova Synth!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Jowe79

07 Jul 2018

Hi i’m thinking to buy this hardware synth.... this synth can be used in reason 10?? I have audio interface Scarlett 2i42nd gen! Can i hear play and record the sound source from ultranova with device EXTERNAL MIDI INSTRUMENT of reason?
It’s easy setup?
Thanks
Jordi

jimmyklane

07 Jul 2018

Jowe79 wrote:
07 Jul 2018
Hi i’m thinking to buy this hardware synth.... this synth can be used in reason 10?? I have audio interface Scarlett 2i42nd gen! Can i hear play and record the sound source from ultranova with device EXTERNAL MIDI INSTRUMENT of reason?
It’s easy setup?
Thanks
Jordi
Correct.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Jowe79

07 Jul 2018

Correct means? Yes i can use this hardware synth?

tt_lab

08 Jul 2018

Yes, you can use the HW synth, with 5 pin DIN MIDI cable and (as I use my BS2) with the ultranova´s usb MIDI.
"One Cable for Everything
Use a single USB cable for power, audio and MIDI I/O. It's ideal for a compact studio setup, and way less hassle on stage too." it sais in ultranova´s web
Both ways you have to use an EMI intrument in reason and set it up to the corresponding MIDI out. also set a lane for Ultranova's audio input. Here comes the tricky part...Because although I'll love to see reason create it's own "agregate audio interface" and let you use more than one interface at a time(there are DAWS that can do that) it doesn't, so you need to route your audio through your scarlett.
Hope this helps a bit.

• Information