Diy build Basimilus - Rack Extension Controler

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
polysix

01 Jul 2018

A warm hello to all,

I am very inspired from the Noise Engeneering Rack Extensions nice sounding with a uncluttered layout. But what i missed was a real device thats feels and looks like the plugin. With real Knobs :puf_smile: But i could not find them. I have so much controler in the past there verry good. But when i take a look from the PC Monitor to the controler it do not come the feeling that i work with a "real" instrument. Controler and Plugins are to different. My brain I have to switch subliminal over again.
So now I've built one myself based on a Teensy 3.2 Microcontroler Layout with LibreOffice Draw :puf_smile:

Today the controler do have "only" 7 Knobs but i planed a update with some Buttons to change "Mode" "Octave, Semi, Fine" and "Mono, Poly". But this need more time i´m absolutely new in electronic.

But under the hood something works today great. You can select the device in the device preferences box and select it (ddi is a "fake" company i´m only a hobbyist)

And i create a Remote Map so every Knob is assigned to the Basimilus Rack Extension. No configuration with override mode by hand is needed.

But there some things there i missed:
  • Not working button that sends CC at the moment it sends note on / off for switching the Mode, Octave, Polyphonie
  • Green led´s for a visual feedback (if the buuton is implemented)
  • a update of the remote Map if buttons working
  • a knew print of the layout ..there are some errors in the foil
  • i will build all types of Noise Engeneering Plugins as a controler..the next one is in work
So thats all .. i hope you like it a bit. A verry warm thank you to Leif Oddson on Teensy Forum for his code and help ! Kris from Noise Engeneering to alow the upload of the fotos :puf_smile: and sorry for my rouch English

Greats Axel

.... and a few more pictures :puf_smile:

normen

01 Jul 2018

Nice! What firmware are you running on the Teensy to change the USB device name?

Loque

01 Jul 2018

Cool stuff!
Reason12, Win10

polysix

01 Jul 2018

normen wrote:
01 Jul 2018
Nice! What firmware are you running on the Teensy to change the USB device name?
You can change it in the name.h file. I do not use a special firmeware.

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Jul 2018

Need this in my life...

eusti

01 Jul 2018

Very cool indeed! :)

D.

• Information