MPC Software 2 for $99

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EdGrip

22 Jun 2018

At KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/mp ... aw-by-akai

Now, I know it no longer needs MPC hardware and works as software in its own right with any controller.
But beyond that, I know very little and there's not much info out there. What is it? Is it any good? Is it a proper DAW? Quasi-DAW?

QVprod

22 Jun 2018

It's basically a DAW. Some people like the MPC workflow in dealing with stuff like sample manipulation, or drum swing. There's a 7 day demo on their site if you want to check it out http://www.akaipro.com/products/software/mpc-software

mreese80

23 Jun 2018

EdGrip wrote:
22 Jun 2018
At KVR:
https://www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/mp ... aw-by-akai

Now, I know it no longer needs MPC hardware and works as software in its own right with any controller.
But beyond that, I know very little and there's not much info out there. What is it? Is it any good? Is it a proper DAW? Quasi-DAW?
Let me be the first to tell...this software is fucking trash. I personally hate it. They crammed to much into gui. They still haven't added ghost notes. I hate the way audio tracks are done. I went back to 1.9 2 days after i bought it. I reinstalled it 2 days ago to check out the new updates. It's still trash. The only thing i like about it is we can do 16 level mode from the software now and we can bring down all levels of mixer tracks at once. Other than that, it's the same software but the sound engine sounds horrible in 2.0. And jbridged plugins don't work. YOu get a black screen. You might like but it's trash imo. It looks good but it ain't good.
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

mreese80

23 Jun 2018

QVprod wrote:
22 Jun 2018
It's basically a DAW. Some people like the MPC workflow in dealing with stuff like sample manipulation, or drum swing. There's a 7 day demo on their site if you want to check it out http://www.akaipro.com/products/software/mpc-software
Trash is what it is. :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

EdGrip

23 Jun 2018

I had basically decided that if it was any good, Google would have more than bugger-all to say about it by now.

jimmyklane

23 Jun 2018

This bad? Wow I’m so surprised. Is this different from the one that was supposed to have the authentic MPC60/3000 mode?

If people hate it this much, I wonder what people think of Maschine!
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

tt_lab

23 Jun 2018

I use it a lot! I don't hate it. I feel is a great tool for mangling with samples and the sequencer is tight. I wouldn't use it as a DAW eventhough it has grown a lot since V1.0
The sampler and editor are very fluid and versatile.
The packed content is trash (fx and sounds)
Anyway, and even if now is possible to manage it with any hardware(almost) I wouldn't buy it stand alone with out an MPC. I use it from hardware 98% of the time. I mostly use it for doing TripHop Sampled HipHop and Dub.
As mentioned above, you should try the demo and watch a couple of functionality videos on YT before flexing out your cash.
And you use and MPC 2k so once start getting around the software you'll feel right at home.
Cheers

jimmyklane

23 Jun 2018

tt_lab wrote:
23 Jun 2018
I use it a lot! I don't hate it. I feel is a great tool for mangling with samples and the sequencer is tight. I wouldn't use it as a DAW eventhough it has grown a lot since V1.0
The sampler and editor are very fluid and versatile.
The packed content is trash (fx and sounds)
Anyway, and even if now is possible to manage it with any hardware(almost) I wouldn't buy it stand alone with out an MPC. I use it from hardware 98% of the time. I mostly use it for doing TripHop Sampled HipHop and Dub.
As mentioned above, you should try the demo and watch a couple of functionality videos on YT before flexing out your cash.
Cheers
That makes more sense. The CONTENT sucks. I own an MPC 2000(classic) myself and have always thought that almost all of the iterations of the MPC sound really good. Can you tell me how the emulations sound? I own Maschine, which also has an MPC 60 and SP-1200 emulation....I can't speak to the -60 as I don't own one, but the SP1200 emulation is amazingly accurate as long as you keep it within the parameters allowed in the actual hardware.

I'd be interested in the software if the emulations of it's older equipment are pretty good. Can you speak to that?
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

tt_lab

23 Jun 2018

NI is superior in that sense...The 1200 and 1200 ring of the MPC software are not that great, the MPC60 is better, quite fat, but I jumped ship from maschine bc I like the MPC workflow better as me too I am coming from the 2k and the 1k, I bought maschine mk1 8 years ago and 2 years later I bought the Ren , not for the FX etc...I prefer the emulations from Decimort. So, if your interest lays only in the emulations don't bother with the software. You have to think it as your 2k. you make the beats on it then you can finish them there or you bounce tracks adn mix and sometimes even arrange in other sw like reason(my choice)

• Information