Nektar Panorama [UPDATE]... NEW PANORAMA T4/T6 line!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2018

childofsaturn wrote:
18 Jul 2018
As much as I love seamless integration, I gotta have some nice keys. That being said, I'll probably be selling my P6.
Sell your P6 and get a P1 so you still have your deep integration.
EdGrip wrote:
18 Jul 2018
Basically they've got two clashing and competing product lines.
Choose P series for better in X regard and worse in Y regard; choose T series for the opposite.

Even assuming they clear up the confusion by discontinuing the P series, that still leaves the T series in the shadow of the P series' well-known reputation for integration and one-stop-shop control.
When you have more than one product line it usually comes down to price, so what can you afford at the time, many hardware manufacturers have competing lines.

I have heard nothing of the discontinuing of the P series, but I will get that verified one way or the other.

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
T&T's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
My Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

EdGrip

18 Jul 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Jul 2018

When you have more than one product line it usually comes down to price, so what can you afford at the time, many hardware manufacturers have competing lines.
Generally speaking though, the more expensive product line is an upgrade on the cheaper product line.
Here, the cheaper product line is advertised as having central key components upgraded over those components in the more expensive line.
Better keybed and pads
OR
Better screen and integration!
You Must Choose!

Needless to say, it's unlikely a company is going to let slip that they intend to discontinue a product line while they've still got stock to sell. No product is going to be discontinued, until it is.

I love what I've heard about Panorama controllers and I'd love to have one. But Nektar don't fill me with confidence in the Panorama series with this situation.
I think it could be that I just don't understand the differentiation and different users Nektar have in mind for T and P controllers. If I bought a P for the integration, I would be annoyed that I was missing out on their best keybed and pads. And vice versa.

I'm really really glad someone is trying to push the envelope of hardware controllers! It's a bafflingly stagnant area. I'm just giving my feedback on this launch.

QVprod

18 Jul 2018

EdGrip wrote:
18 Jul 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Jul 2018

Generally speaking though, the more expensive product line is an upgrade on the cheaper product line.
Here, the cheaper product line is advertised as having central key components upgraded over those components in the more expensive line.
Better keybed and pads
OR
Better screen and integration!
You Must Choose!

Needless to say, it's unlikely a company is going to let slip that they intend to discontinue a product line while they've still got stock to sell. No product is going to be discontinued, until it is.

I love what I've heard about Panorama controllers and I'd love to have one. But Nektar don't fill me with confidence in the Panorama series with this situation.
I think it could be that I just don't understand the differentiation and different users Nektar have in mind for T and P controllers. If I bought a P for the integration, I would be annoyed that I was missing out on their best keybed and pads. And vice versa.

I'm really really glad someone is trying to push the envelope of hardware controllers! It's a bafflingly stagnant area. I'm just giving my feedback on this launch.
Agreed, When the supposedly mid level product has improved features over the "flagship", it's easy to assume the "flagship" is no longer the flagship. I have no interest in Nektarine, but if they had added that functionality to the P series I might think otherwise, but seeing as they haven't, plus Enochlight's info he shared in this thread it's likely the P series is at its end with no current promise of an actual replacement.

alexjoe9

22 Jul 2018

So what i would like to see is panorama support vip 3.1 as well. It looks like nektarine might be that for them. Personally i want the integration i looked at the p4 and p6 and although its graphically better im not convinced it integrates better than the t4 or 6. The keybed rumors scared me from getting the p4 and the pads did as well. I currently use mpk61 and have an mpd226. The mpk 61 integrates great with reazon using the mpk261 mapping, and i like the keys. Now that i have the mpd226, i dont need a 4x4 pad, so this looks like a good alternative. I bet the new version of the panorama top end if one is coming will have a 4x4, some more motorized faders, a better keybed, all the new features included in the t4-6. Im waiting for the manufacturers to release more keyboards as i think its time for another surge of them.

QVprod

22 Jul 2018

alexjoe9 wrote:
22 Jul 2018
So what i would like to see is panorama support vip 3.1 as well. It looks like nektarine might be that for them. Personally i want the integration i looked at the p4 and p6 and although its graphically better im not convinced it integrates better than the t4 or 6. The keybed rumors scared me from getting the p4 and the pads did as well. I currently use mpk61 and have an mpd226. The mpk 61 integrates great with reazon using the mpk261 mapping, and i like the keys. Now that i have the mpd226, i dont need a 4x4 pad, so this looks like a good alternative. I bet the new version of the panorama top end if one is coming will have a 4x4, some more motorized faders, a better keybed, all the new features included in the t4-6. Im waiting for the manufacturers to release more keyboards as i think its time for another surge of them.
Nektarine is exactly that. Those of us who aren't happy with this new product are mainly people who already own a P4/P6 since this isn't an upgrade to the previous "flagship" yet seems to have better features and pretty much the same level of integration. Nektarine is pretty much against the design philosophy of the P series (or at least the marketing of it) so if you're ok with using plugin wrappers then overall yes, as a new (Nektar) user the T series keyboards are a much better value. The P keyboards just look better at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if they're discontinued within the next year without a replacement. I certainly wouldn't buy a Panorama P keyboard at this point if I didn't already have one.

alexjoe9

23 Jul 2018

QVprod wrote:
alexjoe9 wrote:
22 Jul 2018
Nektarine is exactly that. Those of us who aren't happy with this new product are mainly people who already own a P4/P6 since this isn't an upgrade to the previous "flagship" yet seems to have better features and pretty much the same level of integration. Nektarine is pretty much against the design philosophy of the P series (or at least the marketing of it) so if you're ok with using plugin wrappers then overall yes, as a new (Nektar) user the T series keyboards are a much better value. The P keyboards just look better at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if they're discontinued within the next year without a replacement. I certainly wouldn't buy a Panorama P keyboard at this point if I didn't already have one.
So how is this not an upgrade from the p4. Just trying to get an idea. The integration looks the same. Is it just based on the screen cause thats what it sounds like from people and if thats the case that doesnt matter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

QVprod

23 Jul 2018

alexjoe9 wrote:
23 Jul 2018
QVprod wrote:
So how is this not an upgrade from the p4. Just trying to get an idea. The integration looks the same. Is it just based on the screen cause thats what it sounds like from people and if thats the case that doesnt matter.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

P4/P6 has a motorized fader, more knobs, qwerty macro assignments (for OS' that still support it) and of course a better screen. The only feature the T keyboards add over it is Nektarine. Otherwise the integration is the same which makes it not a upgrade. Again the main difference between the two is mainly cosmetic, and many of us who bought a Panorama enjoyed the benefit of not needing to use a plugin wrapper as advertised. Nektarine is a plugin wrapper. So to me as a Panorama P owner, the T keyboards offer no benefit for me to bother purchasing. As previously stated though, to someone like yourself who doesn't already own a Panorama, the T keyboards are the best value.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

24 Jul 2018

The new Panorama T-series keyboard controllers expand Nektar’s product range, bridging the gap between the Impact LX+ and Panorama P-series. Panorama T4 and T6 deliver a new level of system integration with deep instrument plugin control in any VST/AU compatible host, DAW control, new performance features and extensive MIDI functionality for more user choices than ever before.

EnochLight

24 Jul 2018

QVprod wrote:
23 Jul 2018
Again the main difference between the two is mainly cosmetic
Wait, what? But the pads are clearly better on the T-series and the keybed is supposedly better. That’s a lot more than cosmetic...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

24 Jul 2018

EnochLight wrote:
24 Jul 2018
QVprod wrote:
23 Jul 2018
Again the main difference between the two is mainly cosmetic
Wait, what? But the pads are clearly better on the T-series and the keybed is supposedly better. That’s a lot more than cosmetic...
I mentioned those previously. I'm referring mainly to integration.

That aside, I did see this post from Justin3am on KVR, so perhaps theres hope for 10 years from now.
The Panorama T series is not intended to replace the P series. It's feature set places it right between the Impact LX+ and Panorama P series. We do have tentative plans to refresh the P series but I can't go into any detail about that, other than to say it's a long ways off (probably best to forget I even mentioned it :hihi:).

EnochLight

24 Jul 2018

QVprod wrote:
24 Jul 2018
That aside, I did see this post from Justin3am on KVR, so perhaps theres hope for 10 years from now.
The Panorama T series is not intended to replace the P series. It's feature set places it right between the Impact LX+ and Panorama P series. We do have tentative plans to refresh the P series but I can't go into any detail about that, other than to say it's a long ways off (probably best to forget I even mentioned it :hihi:).
Hahah - well that's something at least. Even if they're tentative, at least a 50% chance of them updating the P-series is something. But I fear my percentage of chance might even be too high - LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

nicko_sparks

26 Jul 2018

Hey guys! I'm a Logic Pro X user interested in Panorama controller and I registered just to say that I had a conversation with Nektar support regarding P1 and T4 differences and got the following answer:

"Both T and P series Panorama's offer control of 3rd party AU parameters through Logic without the need for Nektarine.

Nektarine is more useful in terms of patch library management. However it also expands the control capabilities - you can map multiple pages and customize the controller for each 3rd party AU.

Panorama P-series allows more pages to be mapped without the need for Nektarine.

So it depends on how deep you want to get with your mapping. If you are looking for something similar to Machine then I would suggest T-series will fulfil your needs.

Nektarine does not currently support the P1, but it will by the end of the year."

djs

11 Sep 2018

Has anyone tried the T series firsthand and would like to share their thoughts? How is the keybed compared to the P series?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2018

djs wrote:
11 Sep 2018
Has anyone tried the T series firsthand and would like to share their thoughts? How is the keybed compared to the P series?
I have one in front of me and I will be doing some video's on it. The keybed is really nice and so are the pads...

I will also be doing a comparison video between the Impact, T and P as I have one of each...

PoohBear

djs

11 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Sep 2018
djs wrote:
11 Sep 2018
I have one in front of me and I will be doing some video's on it. The keybed is really nice and so are the pads...

I will also be doing a comparison video between the Impact, T and P as I have one of each...

PoohBear

Great! Cant wait to see them

PGR

12 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Sep 2018
djs wrote:
11 Sep 2018

Excellent

Caritas

13 Sep 2018

Hey, everyone!

I'm planning on purchasing my first keyboard and T series drew my attention to its price and capabilities.

So I was searching all over the web for some kind of reviews or more in-depth info about this new series of Panorama T keyboards.
There are some YouTube videos with unboxing, but only one review. The only problem, it's a Korean review and it's kinda hard to grasp what are they talking about :)

Then I stumbled on Carly's post here on ReasonTalk and it gave me hopes to finally see a proper review of the T keyboard.
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Sep 2018

PoohBear
Dear Carly :roll: it would be great if you could address some topics in your comparison review:
1) Like how is the keybed by itself and compared to your other keyboards?
2) Is it ok for playing the piano for a beginner and inexperienced user?
3) And what's the difference in functionality compared to Impact and P series?
4) Does that larger screen add anything new and useful to the playing experience?

Thanks. Awaiting for your comparison video.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Sep 2018

Caritas wrote:
13 Sep 2018
Hey, everyone!

I'm planning on purchasing my first keyboard and T series drew my attention to its price and capabilities.

So I was searching all over the web for some kind of reviews or more in-depth info about this new series of Panorama T keyboards.
There are some YouTube videos with unboxing, but only one review. The only problem, it's a Korean review and it's kinda hard to grasp what are they talking about :)

Then I stumbled on Carly's post here on ReasonTalk and it gave me hopes to finally see a proper review of the T keyboard.
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
11 Sep 2018

PoohBear
Dear Carly :roll: it would be great if you could address some topics in your comparison review:
1) Like how is the keybed by itself and compared to your other keyboards?
2) Is it ok for playing the piano for a beginner and inexperienced user?
3) And what's the difference in functionality compared to Impact and P series?
4) Does that larger screen add anything new and useful to the playing experience?

Thanks. Awaiting for your comparison video.
Sure thing and to just to kick things off.

The T series has the best keybed out of the Nektar range (I have Roland D-70 here semi weighted as well and it's better than that), it really is smooth.
This keyboard would be fine from beginners to experience customers.
Points 3 and 4, I will answer them in the comparison video. :)

PoohBear

Caritas

13 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Sep 2018

The T series has the best keybed out of the Nektar range (I have Roland D-70 here semi weighted as well and it's better than that), it really is smooth.
This keyboard would be fine from beginners to experience customers.
Wow, that's an awesome statement! :thumbs_up: Thank you and I'm looking forward to watching your comparison video.

Caritas

18 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Sep 2018

PoohBear
Could you please share some wisdom about the Nektarine software? How does it work (the Control Map and the Browser) and how does it feel, the integration with DAWs and how can you control the plugins with your T-series keyboard via Nektarine? Maybe show some screenshots or record a video, it would be really helpful. Thank you.

Caritas

18 Sep 2018

I've found a FAQ :?: that answers some common questions that may appear about the T4/T6 line: http://support.nektartech.com/Support/p ... rama-T4-T6
Hope this may be helpful for someone like me, who's looking for answers :)

P.S. I'll quote some of the answered questions below:

What are the differences between Panorama T-series and P-series?
  • Keybed: P-series weighted action / T-series Gen2 synth-action
  • Motor Fader only on P4 and P6
  • Display: Colour TFT on P4 and P6 / one colour LCD on T-series
  • Pads: 12 on P-series, 8 on T-series (with bank button)
  • P-series pads are unlit, T-series pads have colour LED illumination
  • Controls: The P-series has additional rotary encoders above the fader section
  • DAW-support: T-series includes MCU-support allowing the control of almost any DAW. DAWs supported by Nektar DAW Integration have extended features.
  • PlugIn-Control: P-series DAW Integration includes deep maps, T-series includes standard maps + Nektarine for universal deep plugin control
  • Nektarine: Available only for T-series at the moment. Nektarine will be updated to support P-series by year-end.
  • Performance Features: T-series introduces note repeat features with built-in timing engine for keys and pads.
  • Panorama P4 and P6 offer masterkeyboard features with up to 4 keyboard zones
  • The T-series is more compact in size. Dimensions:

T4 (820 x 277 x 80 mm) / P4 (845 x 325 x 95 mm)

T6 (980 x 277 x 80 mm) / P6 (990 x 325 x 95 mm)

Is the keyboard action different from Impact LX+ and Panorama P4 and P6?
  • Panorama P4 and P6 sport a light weighted action with velocity and aftertouch
  • Panorama T4 and T6 sport a Gen2 synth-action keybed with velocity and aftertouch
  • Impact LX25+,49+ and 61+ sport a Gen1 synth-action keybed with velocity
  • Impact LX88+ sports a semi-weighted 88-key keybed with velocity

Is there support for Reason Rack Extensions?

Almost all Rack Extensions are pre-mapped with standard-maps, which means that all of the most commonly used parameters and envelopes are mapped. You can also use “Grab” to learn and customize mapping on the fly.

Do I need to install DAW Integration when I want to use Nektarine to control instrument plug-ins?

No. After installing Nektarine, you can control any VST, VST3 and AU plugin instantly in any VST or AU compatible host.

Can I create my own plug-in maps?

Yes. With Nektar DAW Integration you can "Grab"/learn parameters on the active instrument immediately. Deep maps can be created and stored in Nektarine using its graphical editor. The maps are universal and are instantly available in any DAW that loads Nektarine.

Can I control VST effects plug-ins with Panorama T4 and T6?

The first release of Nektarine only supports instrument plugins.

Will Nektarine be usable with Panorama P1, P4 and P6?

Initially, Nektarine only supports the Panorama T-series. We are working on support for the Panorama P-series. It should become available at the end of 2018.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Sep 2018

Caritas wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Panorama T4 and T6 sport a Gen2 synth-action keybed with velocity and aftertouch
That FAQ maybe out of date, the keybed is 100% a semi weighted keyboard and not synth action.

Caritas

18 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Sep 2018
That FAQ maybe out of date, the keybed is 100% a semi weighted keyboard and not synth action.
Thank you for commenting on this.

Maybe they're trying to mimic the semi-weighted keyboard feel with their "2nd Gen synth-action keyboard" :D
Still waiting for more reviews to come out to see how the reviewers describe the feeling of the keybed.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2018

Caritas wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
18 Sep 2018
Thank you for commenting on this.

Maybe they're trying to mimic the semi-weighted keyboard feel with their "2nd Gen synth-action keyboard" :D
Still waiting for more reviews to come out to see how the reviewers describe the feeling of the keybed.
I'm hoping to get one out within 24 hours....

Caritas

19 Sep 2018

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
19 Sep 2018
I'm hoping to get one out within 24 hours....
Awesome! :thumbs_up:
I'm looking forward to it ;)

• Information