Computer build, first one

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
grueser3

19 Jun 2018

So I have a few questions. I'm finally doing my first computer build to mainly run Reason. I'm starting with an I7 8700k and from there just a few questions. Should I go with liquid cooling? If so a recommendation please. Also motherboard suggestions? Pcpartspicker is realatively straight forward, but you experts are the barometer I'm looking for. And finally, do I need a sound card if I'm going to have an audio interface? If any of you have put together a system you are totally satisfied with, and would not mind specing out a total system for me I would really appreciate it. I've never done this before, but I'm sure you have some preferences in what components you'd pick. There are so many it makes my head spin, but I'm hoping you can help me put together an awesome system. My budget is under $2,000 and require 32 gbs ram, 500 ssd storage plus 1 tb hard drive is probably sufficient. I would like a optical drive also and Bluetooth would be a plus. I want to get this going before any tariffs if they do happen and then screw things up. I live in the US, I'm just a novice with Reason but would like an as much a bullet proof system I can get as I'll mainly be using it just for Reason and don't want to cut corners if I don't have to.
It took me literally years to come to this conclusion, and it's all becuase I've read so many posts suggesting building one is the way to go. And I agree,so now it's time to jump in, and I'm excited to do that. Thank you all for your persistence on this subject, I'm 65 so I'm no spring chicken, but I figure the personal enjoyment I will get from rolling my own will make me proud of what I've done.and for that I'll be eternally greatfull for help with this project. Thanks Reason lovers😊😊😊😊

grueser3

19 Jun 2018

I just want add, that I've gotten a lot of good advice from this forum in the past, when asking about different retail systems, but it was the advice to build my own that always dominated answers to my questions.I apologize if I've been somewhat a pest, but my funds are limited, as I'm retire, and as you can see I ask a lot of questions. As I near my dream to have a great system even if it's overkill for my abilities, i know I'll be extremely happy going this route. Thanks for all the past help everyone, it really helps more than you would probably know.

Mark

• Information