Presonus Studio One 4 LIVE NOW!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
United South

27 May 2018

Ostermilk wrote:
25 May 2018
In a way it's nice to see that the Presonus S1 forum gets the same level of whining on the release of a new version as we do here.
Not for basic features like Reason though. Reason and it’s development team don’t have a good vision for the future and do nothing but half-arse tools and updates. Most of their instruments are half-arse because the Reason code wouldn’t be able to handle it like it can’t handle some vsti. Everything feels low-budget with PH,like their working out of their garage with a skeleton crew of programmers. Features we should’ve had 12 years ago we’re going to have to wait another 20 years for.

sdst
Competition Winner

27 May 2018

i test, crashed , uninstall

I stay with Reason and Reaper

Reaper is very similar to Studio One anyway, but without crashing

Blast

27 May 2018

sdst wrote:
27 May 2018
i test, crashed , uninstall

I stay with Reason and Reaper

Reaper is very similar to Studio One anyway, but without crashing
Upgraded from Studio one 3 pro to 4 and never had a crash. I love Reason 10.1 but Studio one 4 is Miles ahead.

Oquasec

27 May 2018

So far my favorite vst enabled daw is imageline's fl studio.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

sdst
Competition Winner

27 May 2018

Blast wrote:
27 May 2018
Upgraded from Studio one 3 pro to 4 and never had a crash. I love Reason 10.1 but Studio one 4 is Miles ahead.
good for you, I know is a very DAW

maybe i install the demo and try it again later

but I see the new sequencer drum and don't work like the one in Reason

Reason drums sequenser is better, because works like a real hardware,

United South

27 May 2018

Double post
Last edited by United South on 27 May 2018, edited 2 times in total.

United South

27 May 2018

sdst wrote:
27 May 2018

You can't just say things without proof. How is Reason's sequencer better and works like real hardware that S1 doesn't? This ought to be good. While you're gathering your thoughts let me start off by pointing out that Studio 1 sequencer has unlimited tracks depending on instrument I assume because I just kept scrolling till I got tired. Reason only has 8,you can add a player but c'mon :?. Reason seq only has 16 steps,the one in S1 has 64. The workflow in Reason is program 1 bar then go to track sequencer add a pattern lane for EACH SOUND and choose A2 pattern and then go back up to program another bar or variation. So in Reason you're constantly going back in forth from the drum sequencer to the track sequencer which might be a workflow killer to some. Now lets look at S1 drum sequencer workflow,you program 64 steps which is when most people like to do a variation or fill. With quickness and ease you just hit the + and add another pattern never leaving the drum sequencer,patterns automatically toggle from pattern 1 to pattern 2 in sync and quantized. Less steps to work in S1 to get the job done,bigger real estate than Reason's miniature drum sequencer screen and faster workflow.

Your turn......

sdst
Competition Winner

27 May 2018

United South wrote:
27 May 2018

Your turn......
the studio One drums mode you need to put a Loop in the main sequence ( until someone proves otherwise )

in Reason you don't need to do that, like work with a real external hardware drum

that's what I mean

United South

27 May 2018

sdst wrote:
27 May 2018
United South wrote:
27 May 2018

Your turn......
the studio One drums mode you need to put a Loop in the main sequence ( until someone proves otherwise )

in Reason you don't need to do that, like work with a real external hardware drum

that's what I mean
You just click on the track and a light blue shade appears on the track and that's it. Really? That's all you got? That to you separates the two and puts Reason as more of a hardware feel? So you don't mind having to create pattern lanes and switching back and forth from the track sequencer and the drum sequencer?? Does that feel like more hardwareish to you??

Look,if you like Reason cool no problem with that but you can't argue with facts bro. Reason's sequencer pales in comparison to Studio one's feature for feature and workflow.

I'm going to practise on my guitar now have a good day.

Gulale

27 May 2018

:lol: dud has no idea every where he click loop can follow in studio one. :lol:
Gulale aka Bereket

Blast

27 May 2018

sdst wrote:
27 May 2018
Blast wrote:
27 May 2018

I only use studio one for mixing.

• Information