Presonus Studio One 4 LIVE NOW!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pjeudy

17 May 2018

Well I suspect that it's v4 :D
Last edited by pjeudy on 22 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

pjeudy

22 May 2018

*NEW Features*
Sample one XT
Impact XT
Drum Editor (New alternative view to edit Drums)
Drum Melodic Patterns (editors note 32 step seq !!) :D
UI theme (colors)
Chord Track and Harmonic Editing
AAF Import/Export (cross platform File Exchange)

LIVE Feed link bellow:

Tuesday May 22nd 2018 ... 10am CST ...16:00 GMT

P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

bik44

22 May 2018

I'm very excited too :)

here a playlist for all new features:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... G6m-FKfCve

Oquasec

22 May 2018

Presonus...will be tuning into them to see what they're up to.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

pjeudy

22 May 2018

NEW devices showcase
Last edited by pjeudy on 22 May 2018, edited 1 time in total.

EdGrip

22 May 2018

Nice!

They give good interface. The drum sampler previously looked a bit 2004 - looks good now, clear and not fiddly.

MikeMcKew

22 May 2018

Super excited for this. I love Studio One, although I haven't had much time to learn it inside and out yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

QVprod

22 May 2018

Not sure how you find these videos before the actual presentation... but, new features look cool! I don't use step sequencers but I wonder if the drum editor works for 3rd party VSTs as well. I probably still wont be using Impact much.

sdst
Competition Winner

22 May 2018

Studio One 4 with a drum sequencer? Now that's an interesting thing

it gets closer to my perfect DAW , Studio One has the best mixer

i need to try

QVprod

22 May 2018

My response after the livestream... :o. The Harmonic Editing, Chord track and updates to Impact and Sample One are insane. Sample based producers will be in heaven with those added features. Pattern mode is pretty awesome and pretty much works like a better version of Blocks being per instrument. Can't personally say I would actually use much of those features, but import song data definitely grabbed my attention. It's the one thing I missed from Pro Tools in Studio One, and even the work around for achieving similar in Reason.

EnochLight

22 May 2018

I might upgrade, but I'll definitely wait it out until Black Friday. Users over at KVR are claiming the upgrade goes for 50% off around that time, and there's no show stopping features that I really need or want right now.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tumar

22 May 2018

EnochLight wrote:
22 May 2018
I might upgrade, but I'll definitely wait it out until Black Friday. Users over at KVR are claiming the upgrade goes for 50% off around that time, and there's no show stopping features that I really need or want right now.
Black Friday, Valentines Day, Cyber Monday, Sweetwater sale, JRR Blowout etc.... Presonus goes on sale here and there. I started from S1 V1 Artist, reached S1 V3 Pro and never paid more than 50% for any cross-/ upgrade.

Ostermilk

22 May 2018

I was expecting V3 to reach the x.6.5 version number (as 1 and 2 did) before 4 was announced.

Looks like a fair bit of value for the upgrade price. Doubtless I'll pick it up at some point hopefully discounted, as the previous versions have all been 50% off at some point. I got my original 'Artist' version 1 as a NAMM give away when it first appeared there and was able to 'Upgrade' that to the full version cheaply too.

Watch out for the odd random short duration 'flash' sales from time to time too.

bik44

23 May 2018

I upgraded now for 127$ on jrrshop and I think this is fair price for what it brings. Don’t want to waste ~half year to save a few bucks :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

United South

23 May 2018

Can’t wait to get home.

hurricane
Competition Winner

23 May 2018

Out of all the DAWs out there, this is the only one that interests me. Looks cool.

DAW updates are exciting - keeps other DAW developers on their toes (at least most of them - hi propellerhead!)

Looking forward to the next Logic update on June 28th though : )
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

United South

24 May 2018

Upgraded and like what I'm seeing. I think Studio One might just took me away from using Reason at all. Most of the features in 10.1 like drum sequencer is done better in S1. Drum sequencer has 64 steps as it should've been in Reason has everything else too except speed control. I don't know about Scales in S1 but the Chord track is nice and kills anything in Reason imo. As I run out of space on my HD and get older in life I'm moving away from redundant gear,I use to believe more is better which I still do for instruments or sounds but not in terms of DAWs. I realize now I need to pick one DAW as one central brain controlling everything and learn all of it's capabilities in and out. Choose a DAW and company that always pushes innovation and rest easy knowing I will always be up to date with features. S1 is very powerful and versatile and I only know or use 25% of it,with four days off a week I will be digging deep with it and Maschine. I had to get out of my comfort zone in Reason and explore Maschine Studio and found out it can do the same or more in it's sequencer for drums. I like the fact each sound has it's own piano roll so you can pitch kick or snares with ease. Once I figure out how to stretch audio in S1 like Reason I'm gone,PH is just too slow with features and innovation.

xylyx

24 May 2018

United South wrote:
24 May 2018
Once I figure out how to stretch audio in S1 like Reason I'm gone,PH is just too slow with features and innovation.
Don't know if this is what you mean but ALT+click on the edge of the clip to stretch it...

United South

24 May 2018

xylyx wrote:
24 May 2018
United South wrote:
24 May 2018
Once I figure out how to stretch audio in S1 like Reason I'm gone,PH is just too slow with features and innovation.
Don't know if this is what you mean but ALT+click on the edge of the clip to stretch it...
That's it good looking out! Got to read the manual.

EdGrip

25 May 2018

Heh - clearly ratchets and beat repeats are a common feature request in the inboxes of DAW makers!

Far be it from me to speculate wildly about what's in the works for Reason, but this makes you think all the Drum Sequencer player device's functionality should go into a sequencer upgrade - not least so we don't have to write drum patterns in a UI that's less than one rack wide. And that if they intended to put that functionality into a sequencer upgrade, they wouldn't have bothered making the Drum Sequencer player, let alone be preparing for a period of charging for it separately. Can't sell Drum Sequencer players when the actual sequencer has note repeats, probability, per-voice loop lengths etc. So whatever love is in the works for the sequencer, it's not that.

Ostermilk

25 May 2018

In a way it's nice to see that the Presonus S1 forum gets the same level of whining on the release of a new version as we do here.

xylyx

25 May 2018

United South wrote:
24 May 2018
xylyx wrote:
24 May 2018

If you're short on time or not a manual reader, then click on the ? in the toolbar, it will open an info view which will show you various key commands that are available depending on where your mouse is on the screen (including the stretch commands and slip editing features).

United South

25 May 2018

xylyx wrote:
25 May 2018
United South wrote:
24 May 2018

If you're short on time or not a manual reader, then click on the ? in the toolbar, it will open an info view which will show you various key commands that are available depending on where your mouse is on the screen (including the stretch commands and slip editing features).
Cool

bik44

26 May 2018

Shit, you will probably laugh at me but I had quick idea during dinner today and without thinking fired up Reason no Studio One / Live :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

• Information