Arturia Beatstep Pro in Reason - how to set up really proper?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Bes
Competition Winner

08 May 2018

i dont think i can help but have you read this page > https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.c ... emote.html
- Certified Reason expert

emilng

09 May 2018

Edin_16 wrote:
08 May 2018

So, that the BSP is sync to reason and sends midi notes when hitting play in reason (or on master Section connected Nektar Panorama P4), but also is in tempo & midi sync when I hit play on the Beatstep Pro. Actual I can only hit start / stop / play in reason (or on the Nektar P4) and than it records the synced BSP. When I hit play on BSP Reason doesn't react. I think this could be set up more proper, my setup is not professional.
I don't think you can control via BSP and Reason at the same time and determine which one is in control just by hitting play in Reason or in the BSP.
You have to change those settings manually.
If you want to have BSP control Reason you set sync on the BSP to internal and change sync mode in Reason to MIDI Clock.
If you want to have Reason control the BSP you set sync on the BSP to USB and change sync mode in Reason to Internal and turn on "Send Clock"

As far as getting the BSP to be able to send MIDI on discrete channels so you can control two instruments and a drum machine simultaneously in Reason, I would recommend checking the link posted above. That's about as step-by-step as you're going to get.

• Information