Bi-directional AKAI Remote Codec

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
stp2015

16 Apr 2018

Hi,

I have already posted this inside another thread in the general forum, but thought it might be good to share here.

AKAI controllers are capable of some things not implemented in their "official codecs". Here are files for the MPK249 (that should also work with the MPK261) and make some useful changes. Please make copies of the originals before you do anything else.

-On the MPK, open the reason preset, change all knobs to INC/DEC2 mode and then store as a new preset.
-LEDs in the switches 1-24 now sync with reason bidirectionally, i.e. what you do on the screen gets reflected on the keyboard
-Knobs 1-24 are now incremental to avoid parameter jumps when changing devices
-Knobs 1-24 now have acceleration that can be adjusted and also fully switched off at the very beginning of the lua codec file.
-In the original codec, Switches 7/8 send patch up/down commands. These are now instead on Pads 15/16 of Pad Bank D.

Use this at your own risk. I do not guarantee that this works etc, it is just something that I have been playing around with. If you break reason, the keyboard, your computer, your studio or delete songs or burn down your house because of these files, I am not responsible. Have fun.

In principle all of these things also apply to the other AKAI controllers such as the MPD232 etc.
Attachments
akai_codec.zip
(11.49 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

• Information