Not a single mention of GoldWave?!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
RobC

31 Mar 2018

For the brilliant audio editor alone, and its looks, I just love it. So underrated...

What else is used (useful) besides Soundforge (and GoldWave)?

Factor in the following use: You're a musician who does every aspect of your music, you do a good job, and simply need a bit more than Reason's editor, but not scientific sound restoration tools.

Psuper

31 Mar 2018

Hello nostalgia! I used that in the 90s (for humorous manipulating voice message recordings of all things), then got into audition but it was far more than I needed and didn't want to keep upgrading. Nowdays I use Audacity or Ocenaudio. Reason's sample editing is absolutely trash, unacceptable for the kind of "instrument" it presents itself as.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

RobC

01 Apr 2018

Ah right, totally forgot GoldWave is a veteran, too. Its tools are high quality in their category, but if already my project is in Reason, it would be an extra step. GW upgrades for free, btw. Totally forgot, Adobe does audio software...
Well, Soundforge's design and Reason's editor's isn't visually very appealing... I was saddened when I saw, Recycle took those looks, as well.

I mean, yes, sound matters most, but my motivation gets killed to some extent, with a not very well looking GUI. - I know, there are people who say "I don't want it to look like Super Mario", but not every person is like a computer, hehe.

sublunar

10 Apr 2018

Adobe Audition 3 is free and beats GoldWave by.. a whole lot.

Hell, my one and only DAW before switching to Reason was Audition 3 (yes I've tried the others).

RobC

10 Apr 2018

sublunar wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Adobe Audition 3 is free and beats GoldWave by.. a whole lot.

Hell, my one and only DAW before switching to Reason was Audition 3 (yes I've tried the others).
How so? Are the same tools/features better quality in comparison?

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Apr 2018

Or wavosaur.

Namyo85

10 Apr 2018

Haven't used Goldwave for a long time, going to start using it again for sure. The loopback recording of what you hear and how perfect and easy it is to set up is quite honestly a gift from God. Thanks for the reminder by the way, it's the best wave editor I've ever used and I remember doing crazy things with it like telephone messages too, how mad is that! :shock:

miscend

10 Apr 2018

Psuper wrote:
31 Mar 2018
Hello nostalgia! I used that in the 90s (for humorous manipulating voice message recordings of all things), then got into audition but it was far more than I needed and didn't want to keep upgrading. Nowdays I use Audacity or Ocenaudio. Reason's sample editing is absolutely trash, unacceptable for the kind of "instrument" it presents itself as.
I actually like Reasons audio editor for trimming samples. Almost all DAWs have very basic audio editing anyway. They are not meant as a replacement for a dedicated audio editor like Wavelab.

miscend

10 Apr 2018

I used Goldwave in the past maybe ten years ago then I switched to Cool Edit. It’s included tools are now very outdated. Stuff like noise reduction, de clickers, hum removal and spectral editing. They are better tools out there like Soundforge and RX. Even Audacity is better.

RobC

11 Apr 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
10 Apr 2018
Haven't used Goldwave for a long time, going to start using it again for sure. The loopback recording of what you hear and how perfect and easy it is to set up is quite honestly a gift from God. Thanks for the reminder by the way, it's the best wave editor I've ever used and I remember doing crazy things with it like telephone messages too, how mad is that! :shock:
Yep, that's why I love Goldwave - like Reason, it has that flow that works. xD There's just no editor like it, due to the visual appeal, and super ease of use.

RobC

11 Apr 2018

miscend wrote:
10 Apr 2018
I used Goldwave in the past maybe ten years ago then I switched to Cool Edit. It’s included tools are now very outdated. Stuff like noise reduction, de clickers, hum removal and spectral editing. They are better tools out there like Soundforge and RX. Even Audacity is better.
I just needed an editor that is very fast to use, and looks great, too. Other software kind of lack that visual appeal and ease of use. For other tools, there's Reason.

(That doesn't mean I wouldn't check the other editors out - much appreciated! After all, I'm still looking for a quick "dead processing" tool, where I don't need to bounce, export, whatever ~ with VST support.)

• Information