What HW do you use | is supported | can you recommend?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
mcv

31 Mar 2018

Hey - absolut Newbee but searching a good Hardwarecontroller for Reason 10.

Searching a Midi Controller with a Step Sequencer maybe Drum Pads and Klaviatur....need Knobs too :)

And therefore my Question:
What Hardwarecontroller do you use or you can recommend?

Just watching around and see some good Controller:
- Arturia Beatsrop Pro (https://www.thomann.de/de/arturia_beatstep_pro.htm)

What Hardwarecontroller is supported from Reason 10?

Answers would be helpful - thx in advance!

Happy Easter

Psuper

02 Apr 2018

MPK 249 hard to beat.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

QVprod

02 Apr 2018

Best Reason control hands down goes to the Nektar Panorama no other midi controller currently matches it for controlling Reason (and many other DAWs for that matter). It's maps to most Rack extensions out the box and one of the users here keeps a repository of custom maps to that he shares for it. Downside is the drum pads aren't the greatest. Nektar Impact series is very well spoken of, cheaper with better pads, but of course doesn't have all of the control of the Panorama. All other will have pretty much the same level of control in Reason. None will control Rack Extensions, but if you're up to it, the remote files (mapping) can be manually edited to include both RE and newer devices. Here is the list of midi controllers that have been mapped for Reason use https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... on/remote/.

teddymcw

02 Apr 2018

Ya Nektar at the very least has best software integration. Akai MPK 249 has those 8 pads though, which I'd think would map to Kong perfectly but besides that Nektar is superb.

demt

03 Apr 2018

Triggerfinger pro just plug in and play
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Psuper

03 Apr 2018

True about the native integration, however I'm so used to making my own specific maps for the controls I use the most. Also my KX-8 is used exclusively for actually playing, while the MPK249 is primarily controlling specific areas within reason.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

LucaB

05 Apr 2018

I recently bought a Panorama P6 but the motorized fader malfunctioned, so I had to return it to the store. But, as it was the last unit available there, now I'm looking for a new one in some other store, or maybe just a proper replacement (If it exist.) I haven't decided yet. I didn't like it noisy keys, neither the "not so great" pads. But THAT INTEGRATION tho, the workflow was awesome while it lasted, really liked it. But now here I am, looking for some advise on what to do next, should purchase Akai's MPK261 or ADVANCE? Maybe even Nektar's "new flagship" LX61+? Or should I stick to the P6 as I first intended? I personally don't like NI Komplete Control Series without Machine, and I'm not buying any of those. I'd love to find out that a new release from Nektar is coming, do you imagine the Panorama series remastered?

Oquasec

05 Apr 2018

Drumpads in use: Akai Mpd218/mpd18.
Keystation 88ES/Casio ctk2400.
Maudio & Senn headphones.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information