Novation Bass Station 2 into M Audio Black Box?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Sedan Love

20 Mar 2018

Hi

I was thinking of asking this over at KVR but you know......that place can be a little unforgiving of stupid questions at times :)

Everything I have is packed away waiting for my retirement and a move to another part of Washington State.
I am a little short of inputs on my Saffire Pro 14. I may get a mixer to assist (especially as I fancy one of the Boutique modules) but....
The Bass Station is Mono and I have an M Audio Black Box Amp Modeller with a guitar Input and a Mic input (dynamic - with no phantom power on the Black Box).

The Black Box has a spdif output - the only thing I have with that. So I could use that into the spdif input on the Saffire.
There are of course volume and gain controls on the Black Box, and I'm wondering if it's feasible to use the guitar input or get a TRS to Mic cable and use either for the input of the Bass Station 2. The Black Box can be used "clean" but I believe (been a while since I read the manual) the fx can still be used so might provide some interesting sounds with the Bass Station.
Would I likely overload it? Bear with my ignorance here please.
Here's a link to Guitar Center's black box page (it's not been available for quite some time).

http://www.guitarcenter.com/M-Audio/Bla ... 5052225.gc

Any advice appreciated on this - will be some time before I can get to everything but it could save me the cost of a mixer or new interface.
Thanks.

QVprod

20 Mar 2018

You can just use a regular 1/4" cable. Just be mindful of level going into the blackbox since line level signals (like keyboards) are louder than guitar (instrument level) signals

Sedan Love

21 Mar 2018

Thanks mate.

• Information