Tardigrain Granular Synthesizer for iOS

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

08 Mar 2018

This is actually pretty bad ass:

It's disappointing that Propellerhead didn't hire some of these iOS devs and do apps like this for Allihoopa, or make them a Reason-compatible deal, etc. Totally missed opportunity, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fieldframe
RE Developer

08 Mar 2018

Saw this on CDM a few days ago and it looks so good, like something Teenage Engineering would put out.

I don't think it's such a missed opportunity for Propellerhead, though. The real opportunity is AUv3 (which Tardigrain supports): It has ushered in a new era of interoperability on iOS, and Propellerhead should be embracing it from both the plugin side and the host side.

Faastwalker

08 Mar 2018

Amazing looking App. Keep saying I won't buy anymore. But iOS developers keep putting out amazing stuff like this ............ and it costs $4.99!! Something like this on PC/Mac as a plug-in would likely be upwards of $100. And you can't make the argument of iOS not being able to do what you can do on a more traditional platform these days. That simply isn't the case anymore. Hasn't been for a few years IMO.

EnochLight

08 Mar 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
08 Mar 2018
Amazing looking App. Keep saying I won't buy anymore. But iOS developers keep putting out amazing stuff like this ............ and it costs $4.99!! Something like this on PC/Mac as a plug-in would likely be upwards of $100. And you can't make the argument of iOS not being able to do what you can do on a more traditional platform these days. That simply isn't the case anymore. Hasn't been for a few years IMO.
It makes me laugh when I see people say that iOS apps and/or the iPad are "toys" and "not for serious music production".** :roll: :lol: Some of the stuff that's available is simply incredible, and with Ableton Link support, your iPad/iPhone can easily sync to Reason, Live, Bitwig, etc.

** In fact, people saying that reminds me of this: :lol:

IMG_1114.JPG
IMG_1114.JPG (43.02 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

08 Mar 2018

EnochLight wrote:
08 Mar 2018
It makes me laugh when I see people say that iOS apps and/or the iPad are "toys" and "not for serious music production".** :roll: :lol: Some of the stuff that's available is simply incredible, and with Ableton Link support, your iPad/iPhone can easily sync to Reason, Live, Bitwig, etc
True. People used to say the same about Reason. I guess some still do. But I've always thought it was a peculiar way to describe a creative tool. Why is it a toy? Because it's cheap? Because it's fun to use? Because it has 'a sound'? Because it's meant for a younger audience? None of this necessarily makes it any less viable as a tool that can be used to make music .......... even deadly serious music that makes a lot of money! :roll:

• Information