Quite a Deal - Humble Bundle for Music Production Softwares

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
ravisoni

07 Mar 2018

Dunno if you guys know how humble bundle works, but... Ah I'll let you figure it out, it's pretty straight forward.
But for the prices, this is a freaking steal. (And yes, it's a legit site).

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... c-software

Contains:
For $1 - MP3 Deluxe 19, Music Maker EDM edition, Deeper Shades of House
For ~$18 - all of the above plus Video Sound Cleaning Lab, ACID Music Studio, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
For $20 - all of the above plus Acid Pro 7
For $$30 or more - Samplitude Pro X2, Sound Forge Pro 11
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

MikeMcKew

08 Mar 2018

It is legit, but I'd recommend doing your research before purchasing software.

ravisoni

08 Mar 2018

How do you mean? From the site or what's included in the bundles?
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

EdGrip

08 Mar 2018

What's included in the bundles, I expect. Version numbers, the actual usefulness of the software, compatibility, that kind of thing.

EdGrip

08 Mar 2018

Just been having a look.

Gosh, Magix are a weird company. Aren't they?
As well as their own software, they seem to have obtained some flotsam and jetsam from the history of computer software that came and went, and are trying to sell it and even sort-of developing it (64 bit version of Acid on the way!).
As a result the product range is a mess of similar software with big crossover, and feeling like the off-brand software you used to find in the bargain bin back when you actually bought software in shops. If someone in charge decided to consolidate all their audio software into a couple of programs, and bring the interfaces out of 2004, they might get somewhere (I know Samplitude has its fans! This is just my impression as an outsider!)

Ironically the most useful looking program in the bundle is the cheesy drag-and-drop loop assembler Music Maker!
Although on the Magix site it says if you buy Acid Pro 7 now, you'll get a free update to Acid Pro 8.

miscend

08 Mar 2018

They’ve been trying to sell Samplitude cut price since late last year. At first it looked like a ploy to gain former Sonar users but now it looks desperate.

zabukowski

08 Mar 2018

Bought Vegas 14 and a bunch of other graphics software bundle for $20 recently. Everything is perfectly legal and whole proces went without a glitch. I am now a registered Vegas owner at Magix etc. Usually not the latest versions are included (you get Acid 7, but Acid 8 is coming soon etc.), but this is one awesome deal - if you need these programs, of course.

• Information