R10 randomly disconnects all midi controllers?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
BananaSkins

17 Feb 2018

I've started to notice when using R10 during a heavy well populated session that all my midi controllers stop sending midi.

My only solution is to save and re-open the rns file and voila all midi controllers are functional again...

My main interface is the Baby face Pro, but I don't think this is the problem because even the piano roll or computer keys won't trigger midi notes.

Also if I leave the rns file open that has stopped receiving midi and open another file all midi controllers and piano roll / computer keys work without problem.

Not a major problem but nobody likes to stop mid-flow, especially when the creative juices are flowing.

syncanonymous

21 Feb 2018

Midi over usb or 5pin din?
Any usb hubs being used?
If using hubs, ensure you are supplying enough power
Laptop USB bus power can be flakey
Some hub drivers can be flakey
The best brand I found is Plugable, IME
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

SoulState

21 Feb 2018

BananaSkins wrote:
17 Feb 2018
I've started to notice when using R10 during a heavy well populated session that all my midi controllers stop sending midi.

My only solution is to save and re-open the rns file and voila all midi controllers are functional again...

My main interface is the Baby face Pro, but I don't think this is the problem because even the piano roll or computer keys won't trigger midi notes.

Also if I leave the rns file open that has stopped receiving midi and open another file all midi controllers and piano roll / computer keys work without problem.

Not a major problem but nobody likes to stop mid-flow, especially when the creative juices are flowing.
Yeah been getting this recently too - I thought it was just my setup at first. But now you've got me thinking...
:reason:

• Information