Behringer Neutron

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
teddymcw

28 Mar 2018

O1B wrote:
28 Mar 2018
Yes, yes, and hopefully YES!
ES--8. Yes. It's Audio or CV 8 in 4 out OR, with ADAT, 8 more ins/outs.
This is my "first" modular setup so Im as new to it as you.

Wow, extremely cool. I'll keep an eye out for your future projects and mischief : )

Also, about the Neutron, I keep forgetting on can plug their guitar into it and use the filter, so dope!

Faastwalker

28 Mar 2018

O1B wrote:
28 Mar 2018
Yes, yes, and hopefully YES!
ES--8. Yes. It's Audio or CV 8 in 4 out OR, with ADAT, 8 more ins/outs.
This is my "first" modular setup so Im as new to it as you.
Cool ideas. I'm thinking along similar lines. Looking to bridge between Reason (specifically) and external modular CV / gear in the best way possible. The ES-8 looks like one of the best options out there for 2 way i/o of CV signals. I think it's basically a USB DC coupled interface in Eurorack format. I've looked at DC coupled interferes ever since I saw Peff use one to send virtual CV from Reason out through audio outputs to control analog gear via CV. He was doing that about a decade ago! But DC coupled audio interfaces have always been a bit thin on the ground. And the cheapest one is still a few dollars! There's a list on the Expert Sleepers website but it rarely changes. I don't know if that means it's not up to date or there's just not that many options out there.

*** Be aware of YARNS by Mutable Instruments... MIDI (I/O!) and 4 CV with triggers.
Now, that's a whole 'nother awesome clock. IT also has a SH-01 type STEP-SEQ on board.
But, it can't replace ES-8 CV(in/out) - nor can it replace tempi (TAP/tempo modes)
......first world problems.....
Another interesting option. Looks more like a MIDI to CV converter. And no CV in? So it's one way traffic CV wise I think. Would still be cool for sending MIDI out of Reason, Yarns converting to CV for controlling external CV gear. My Kilpatrick Phenol has something similar built in, though with not as many outputs. But it's cool to have this on-board so I can send MIDI from Reason to the Phenol, convert this to gate / pitch on separate outputs to control the Phenol. There's also a modulation output so I can send an additional CV from Reason to control something else. I might do a video demoing this as it's a really cool feature of the Phenol. But the ES-8 looks like the ultimate for multi-channel CV i/o.

Faastwalker

05 Apr 2018

The Sonic State review has just gone up on YouTube;

O1B

06 Apr 2018

Thanks for that.

VIDEO Itinerary, FYI:
Features:

- Paraphonic synthesizer with dual 3340 analog oscillators
- Pure analog signal path
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends between 5 shapes (tone mod, saw tooth, pulse, triangle, sine wave)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Flexible LFO with five waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync, key sync and delay / fade in
- Two analogue ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Overdrive circuit adds ‘analog warmth and edge’ to your sounds
Noise generator
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Switchable, self-oscillating, multi-mode analog 12 dB/Oct VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks)
- Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers
- 32 in / 24 out patch matrix
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide
- Headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
Faastwalker wrote:
05 Apr 2018
The Sonic State review has just gone up on YouTube;

Faastwalker

19 Apr 2018

Now we're talking;

Full details here;

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2018/ ... faceplate/

aeox
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
19 Apr 2018
Now we're talking;

Full details here;

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2018/ ... faceplate/
I figured something like this would happen relatively quickly.

Faastwalker

24 Apr 2018

aeox wrote:
19 Apr 2018
I figured something like this would happen relatively quickly.
Inspired by the ghastly graphics on the current design no doubt.I can live with the red. But the graphics are too much :sick:

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 May 2018

Sorry if I got anyone excited by bumping this thread with no new information, but has anyone read any rumblings anywhere? Behringer said late April and (as I think many of us expected) it's now mid-May with no official updates.

sublunar

16 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
16 May 2018
Sorry if I got anyone excited by bumping this thread with no new information, but has anyone read any rumblings anywhere? Behringer said late April and (as I think many of us expected) it's now mid-May with no official updates.
Nope.

But I'd take this for $299 over the Moog Grandmother at 3x the cost any day.

Faastwalker

17 May 2018

fieldframe wrote:
16 May 2018
I saw this yesterday;

https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-ne ... o-preorder

fieldframe
RE Developer

17 May 2018

Faastwalker wrote:
17 May 2018
fieldframe wrote:
16 May 2018
I saw this yesterday;

https://ask.audio/articles/behringer-ne ... o-preorder
Just what I was hoping to see, thanks!

Looks like nothing at Sweetwater / Musician's Friend / B&H yet over here, but it should be a matter of days now that Europe has preorders live.

demt

24 Aug 2018

hey im the proud owner of 1 behringer neutron. gets delivered on tuesday.Now for the rent and the foodies thank god twas well priced and slipped into my league ,a modular synth to hopefully plug extra vco"s into. any info on doing just that appreciated
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2018

Tax rebate in the bank. VERY close to hitting the buy button. Just waiting on someone to make a decent DIY face plate to replace Behringer's own vomit inducing design.

demt

01 Sep 2018

Tis a complete joy to use and the attractive styling draws you to it sum of the patch bay tricks can be found on line in what seems to be 2 manuals I
The extra boon of being a part of eurorack means this synth can be permanently updated .no mean feat. I've got sum lovely sounds out of it and found it to have a easy learning curve so far it's a huge step up from the volcas.
I've had no trouble running the neutron through reason and for sum reason (pardon the pun) the sound quality seems to have improved
Best of luck to anybody trying neutron out.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Faastwalker

03 Sep 2018

I'm a little torn between just getting a Neutron or buying a TipTop Happy Ending 19" rack kit & at least one module to go in it. It's a 3U kit & I have 3U of blanking plates in my desktop rack. Very tempted to go this route so I can explore a few choice Eurorack modules to go with my Kilpatrick Phenol modular.

Obviously the Neutron is going to be the cheaper option in the long run as I buy more modules to fill the rack. And there's a lot of capability & patch points on the Neutron. But initially the Happy ending kit & module (I'm thinking of the TipTop Wavefolder) would be less than the cost of the Neutron. Decisions, decisions .......... fuck it, I'll buy both! No, no! got to be a bit sensible here :shock: :? :shock:

O1B

08 Sep 2018

Congrats!! I started thinking it wasn't real.
That's Great! Enjoy it.
demt wrote:
24 Aug 2018
hey im the proud owner of 1 behringer neutron. gets delivered on tuesday.Now for the rent and the foodies thank god twas well priced and slipped into my league ,a modular synth to hopefully plug extra vco"s into. any info on doing just that appreciated

Faastwalker

11 Sep 2018

O1B wrote:
08 Sep 2018
Congrats!! I started thinking it wasn't real.
Same here. It seemed too good to be true at this price. Then, suddenly, without warning, and endless barrage of YouTube demo videos appeared. Believe it, it's real :D

This one got me pretty excited, although the wallpaper is as unbearably ugly as the Neutron's front panel graphics. Can't have everything I suppose;

This guys videos are generally very good as well;

Faastwalker

22 Oct 2018

This guy has now started selling custom overlays for the Neutron. There are made of a kind of synthetic paper & not metal. I guess he has gone this route as there are loads of designs & its much cheaper than metal. Personally I'd prefer a metal face plate even if it meant it cost a lot more. But if you're after a custom Neutron face plate to change up the original these are a cheap alternative;

https://www.heinakroon.net/

Faastwalker

25 Oct 2018

Overlay! Overlay!!

Emian

17 Apr 2019

a bit late to the party, but i ordered mine today, expected to arrive friday or next monday.
Super excited !

Is the 2.0 firmware update easy to do ?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

kinkujin

18 Apr 2019

Emian wrote:
17 Apr 2019
a bit late to the party, but i ordered mine today, expected to arrive friday or next monday.
Super excited !

No idea, but read up before you do it. There were some issues after updating.

Enjoy, this synth is alot of fun!

Emian

18 Apr 2019

kinkujin wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Emian wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Super excited !

No idea, but read up before you do it. There were some issues after updating.

Enjoy, this synth is alot of fun!
oh ok, i didn't know. what issues? and where did you read about those?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

kinkujin

19 Apr 2019

Check this ... just out. http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/04/beh ... pdate.html

The firmware release prior to this was the suspect one.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electro ... mware.html

No clue if any of this was solved. Hopefully the new one is problem free. Good luck.

Philup

24 Apr 2019

Emian wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Super excited !

I have windows 10 and closely followed the 3rd part USB driver installation instruction.
Once that was done there were no issues upgrading.

I am having quite a bit of fun with this thing and patching my Paia 9700 back and forth opens quite a sandbox to play in.

• Information