Zoom H1n: Official Announcement on January 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

27 Dec 2017

[Edit] looks to be the Zoom H1n

I'm a big fan of the Zoom H5 (previously owning the H4n). The preamps are good and do the job for me for the most part. I've had my eye on the F4 and F8, but have been hoping that they release a handy recorder with the preamps found in the F series. That would be awesome. Maybe this is that? H5 Pro? H5n? Perhaps a new mic capsule? Maybe something completely different? Any guesses? Looking forward to seeing what it is!

Based on the X/Y mics in the image and the caption "the recording evolution continues" it's a safe guess that it has something to do with portable recorders.

Marco Raaphorst

28 Dec 2017

Interesting. I am still using a Sony D-50 portable recorder. No phantom power but for everything else it's as clean as it can be. superb for the old dynamic mics like Electro-Voice RE-50.

Build-in mics are supreme too. The new D-100 is even better. But maybe Zoom has something interesting to offer in 2018... I guess they focus on podcasts.

joeyluck

28 Dec 2017

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
28 Dec 2017
Interesting. I am still using a Sony D-50 portable recorder. No phantom power but for everything else it's as clean as it can be. superb for the old dynamic mics like Electro-Voice RE-50.

Build-in mics are supreme too. The new D-100 is even better. But maybe Zoom has something interesting to offer in 2018... I guess they focus on podcasts.
Don't get me wrong, the H5/H6 are the best I've heard in handheld recorders and do the job really well. But the F4/8 rival Sound Devices recorders, and I wonder what the smallest form factor Zoom could get that level of quality into.

Marco Raaphorst

03 Jan 2018

joeyluck wrote:
02 Jan 2018
So it's an updated version of the H1; the H1n.

I guess more info to follow on the 10th.
cool to see Rick Marotta in that video

• Information