Axiom Air 32 Mini

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CaliforniaBurrito

26 Dec 2017

Hi! I recently picked up this controller to purposely downsize from my Akai MPK49 for creative focus. I'm writing some maps this morning for the first time. I see Knob #1 sends a Mod Wheel message when there is already a Mod Wheel button sending the same message. Any idea on how an amateur such as myself can override this?

Catblack

26 Dec 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
26 Dec 2017
Hi! I recently picked up this controller to purposely downsize from my Akai MPK49 for creative focus. I'm writing some maps this morning for the first time. I see Knob #1 sends a Mod Wheel message when there is already a Mod Wheel button sending the same message. Any idea on how an amateur such as myself can override this?
Look at page 10 of your manual, under "Assigning MIDI Messages to Controls"
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Aquila

19 Jan 2018

I briefly owned the Air 32 Mini and was initially unimpressed that it wouldn't natively work with Reason, including the Knob 1/Mod Wheel issue. After a little persistence I managed to reprogram the MIDI assignments for each knob to be more standardised and things worked a bit more acceptable for a while.

However my unit (might've been faulty - who knows), would forget all my hard work if I unplugged it and I ended up getting my money back.

tumar

19 Jan 2018

Aquila wrote:
19 Jan 2018
I briefly owned the Air 32 Mini and was initially unimpressed that it wouldn't natively work with Reason, including the Knob 1/Mod Wheel issue. After a little persistence I managed to reprogram the MIDI assignments for each knob to be more standardised and things worked a bit more acceptable for a while.

However my unit (might've been faulty - who knows), would forget all my hard work if I unplugged it and I ended up getting my money back.
Next time check Reason folder "Remote", then "Maps" - it shows, which midi controllers are premapped to work with Reason natively

Aquila

19 Jan 2018

Cheers for the tip. I'll probably aim for a Nektar Impact next time though - guaranteed compatibility.

Emian

24 Jan 2018

If I may do a suggestion P, the impact LX(+) series from Nektar. Affortable yet quality!
They have a 25 keys variant and I can help editting the remote map since I have one myself and wrote a lot of mappings for it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information