Zoom TAC-2R - Thunderbolt Audio Interface - $350

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Parameter

09 Dec 2017

Guys,

Does anybody own this audio interface? Is it a good piece of gear?
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... gLLNvD_BwE

What I noticed, Zoom company is not really investing in advertising/promotion. They sell serious products besides AI’s, e.g. field recorders - serious gear.

If I had an unlimited budget I’d go for proven stuff on Thunderbolt interface market, that starts from $600. But I don’t want to pay for “promotional costs” or for “the price of driving the market”.

Who knows about Zoom TAC-2R? Please share:

Thank you
Last edited by Parameter on 09 Dec 2017, edited 26 times in total.

EdGrip

10 Dec 2017

Like loads of people, I've got a Zoom H4n field recorder. They were a standard for ages.

Parameter

10 Dec 2017

EdGrip wrote:Like loads of people, I've got a Zoom H4n field recorder. They were a standard for ages.
Can you please tell me if there is anything that you don’t like in that device from Zoom? Any flaws that could be possibly transferred to other their products? Thanks

EdGrip

10 Dec 2017

Not really. It's slow to start up and operate, but then again it's quite old tech now - I'd guess about 10 years old?
It's quite plastic-y, but everything still works fine.
I had a Zoom G3 multi-effects/amp modelling/looping/jamming pedal for guitar, which was solid metal and equivalent to (in my opinion, better than) the Line6 stuff at the time. So both my experiences with Zoom products have been good, but I know nothing about their audio interface reputation.

tumar

10 Dec 2017

I have ancient Zoom H2 recorder, first edition. Still working, never had any issues, solid as brick.
I considered Zoom TAC but skipped that only because of lack of digital input.

• Information