Kontrol Master down to $199. Anyone using this for Reason?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
BananaSkins

22 Nov 2017

I'm after a bit more hardware control for Reason but I'm limited to surface space, I'm interested in Kontrol Master now down to $199, anyone pulled the trigger on this or n0b?

Thanks for any advice or tips... :thumbs_up:

https://touchinnovations.com

BananaSkins

22 Nov 2017

Yep checked that out which leads to a topic on here which you can not add a comment to...

joeyluck

22 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Yep checked that out which leads to a topic on here which you can not add a comment to...
Hmmm... I just added a comment successfully. Let me know if you have any trouble.

BananaSkins

22 Nov 2017

Yep seen your added comment but still no comment box for me to add...strange????

Catblack

22 Nov 2017

No remotemap? So it's sort of a mouse replacement?
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

joeyluck

22 Nov 2017

Catblack wrote:
22 Nov 2017
All you do is hover your mouse over the parameter you want to control and turn the knob. Check out QVProd's review for more.

joeyluck

22 Nov 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Yep seen your added comment but still no comment box for me to add...strange????
Weird. Will look into this.

[EDIT] Ok it was in the Forum Rules and Announcements forum. Moved it to Hardware and other Software. See if you can comment now.

Faastwalker

08 Feb 2018

Catblack wrote:
22 Nov 2017
Yes. But not just mouse movement. Mouse click+drag as well, which is what is making me want a Control Master after recently discovering it. Just hover over a parameter with the mouse pointer, move the control knob adjust. No mapping, no set-up (beyond custom configuration of the buttons on the device).

I love the idea of this. And to get away from click-dragging with the mouse I think would be a significant work flow improvement in Reason because of the potential issues associated with doing this - if you miss a parameter & click+drag you end up moving the device & not the intended parameter, which I find hugely frustrating when tweaking.

I've been waffling on about this a lot lately. People must be thinking I work for the Kontrol Master manufacturers! I don't. I just think it's a fantastic idea that is making more & more sense the more I think about it. I feel I'm close to ordering one. Just not the best time with other financial burdens to consider right now ...... maybe they can wait another month ;)

• Information