ACID WAV files - what are they exactly?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
chimp_spanner

20 Nov 2017

Hey everyone! So, long story short, for one of my many jobs I have to prepare sample libraries as ACIDized WAV. I've recently had to install Windows 10. Magix has taken over Sony ACID and are being entirely unhelpful in helping me access my old license, and the only other version I have lying around of ACID doesn't work in Windows 10.

So my question is - while I wait for Magix to sort me out - what exactly is an ACIDized file? Is it just a fancy term for "metadata"? And if so, are there other programs that write and read tempo/key data in audio files? I need to prepare the files in this way to send them to a guy who then converts to Apple Loops.

Many thanks in advance if anyone can shed some light on this!

FATCheese

21 Nov 2017

Sorry... Not really helpful here... But you reminded me that I have about 10 sample CD's with ACIDized lying around somewhere!

For all I know it's just META data and would be no problem to import them into Reason. :)
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Faxxer

26 Nov 2017

I have been using ACID pro for a pretty long time now...

"Acidized" is just propaganda speak for a .wav file that loops properly when looped. Nothing more.

So ANY loops ...say from Dr. Rex...if exported and cut to be a perfect .wav loop would also be "Acidized" as well. I noticed that doing a proper cut / paste in Sound Forge no longer pastes perfectly looped any longer...later version ....they added some padding at the beinning and end of the cut/paste which makes cutting loops from audio a extremely long event now. Those products got bastardized by Sony, as they are absolutely worthless when it comes to listening to customers, or caring. Maybe Magix can fix them back .....i'm wondering how I'll be able to reinstall onto windows 10 now myself!!!
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

• Information