Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 With Reason 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
BananaSkins

19 Oct 2017

Although my StudioLogic SSL - 990 Pro is still a good work horse in my studio; I am thinking of up grading this main keyboard with a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.

Anyone using a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 with Reason.

Thanks in advance for any advice... :thumbs_up:

Olivier

19 Oct 2017

I don't have one, but I have a SL 88 Grand. It's the tp40 wood fatar keybed. I know NI uses fatar, not sure which, but if there's one with that keybed I can at least say: that keybed is awesome ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

BananaSkins

19 Oct 2017

Thanks for your input Olivier; yes I have also looked at the SL 88 Grand, I see both keyboards are of similar price; I’m just looking to get more hardware control over Reason 10 with my new keyboard...obviously the Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 has more controls, but can these be utilised to speed up the workflow of Reason 10?
I’ve also being looking at:
'Push 2'.
'Kontrol Master' a new controller by Touch Innovation.
Adding my ipad with rsTouch
Even thinking of seeing if my unused boxed Wacom Intuos 4 could add speed flow. Also in regards to my StudioLogic SL-990 Pro; it only has one jack output for sustain I am looking for a keyboard that can add a second (volume) pedal. Or even add 3 pedals. Thanks for any advice... :thumbs_up:

BananaSkins

21 Oct 2017

Any Reason user using a StudioLogic SSL - 990 Pro?

Thanks for any advice...

bpmorton

21 Oct 2017

BananaSkins wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Any Reason user using a StudioLogic SSL - 990 Pro?

Thanks for any advice...
I have an SL-880. I think this is the older version of the SL-990. I seem to remember that the 990 had the cheaper mechanism with the counter weights inside brittle plastic housings that will break off and make you sad. I have opened up and done repairs on my own board (replaced velocity contact nipples) and can tell you that the mechanical side of the 880 is super solid. The metal weights are part of the mechanism. You can get these sometimes for a steal. I got mine for about $125 from a local music shop. There is nothing fancy about them just a great feeling keyboard + pitch and mod wheels.

bpmorton

21 Oct 2017

Let me also add that the cheaper Fatar keybeds will have plastic frames instead of steel. I believe that Arturia's 88 key controller uses these cheaper, lighter keybeds.

BananaSkins

22 Oct 2017

Thanks guys, any Reason users using a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 with Reason?

Thanks in advance...👍🏻

BananaSkins

24 Oct 2017

Any Reason users using a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 with Reason?

Thanks in advance...👍🏻

• Information