Mice for Reason

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
syncanonymous

16 Oct 2017

EdGrip wrote:
04 Oct 2017
Not enough gaming mice here, guys. Sort it out.
EdGrip brought up an important component in the post a pic of your studio thread. If folks could please enlighten on mice for Reason it would be great :-)
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

AttenuationHz

16 Oct 2017

syncanonymous wrote:
16 Oct 2017
EdGrip wrote:
04 Oct 2017
Not enough gaming mice here, guys. Sort it out.
EdGrip brought up an important component in the post a pic of your studio thread. If folks could please enlighten on mice for Reason it would be great :-)
The logitech mice or a mouse with multiple buttons are pretty sweet. Personally prefer to use a Tracer Flipper RF.

Battery lasts about 3 weeks or more on this thing two extra buttons forward/back have them mapped with X-mouse button control for reasons browser forward back (Ctrl Left/Right) and middle button play toggle for edit sample window. It took a little getting used to using an upright mouse but no more Carpal tunnel syndrome for me! The mouse turns itself off after about 10 minutes that's why the battery lasts so long. Decent enough for FPS games too up to 1600 DPI with 3 switchable dpi levels which is also great for fine tuning knobs in reason. Oh and it is dirt cheap (just checked price went up since I got it, paid like €15)! In case you might be interested in wireless keyboard I also use a logitech K270 keyboard which I got way more than a year ago and still haven't needed to change the batteries on it, no lie they're not even half empty!
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 16 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Pinkbox

16 Oct 2017

Logitech G502.

For Reason, the most useful thing on a gaming mouse like this one is the resolution button (button you're supposed to use to snipe with precision on a FPS).
I frequently use the shift button + mouse high resolution mode to precisely turn a knob.

theshoemaker

16 Oct 2017

Low sense on mouse, if you wan't to have precission. But the you have to move the mouse a lot. I just use the Touchpad of my mac :)
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

AttenuationHz

16 Oct 2017

Yeah its called dpi just so you know ;) dots per inch
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

joeyluck

16 Oct 2017

theshoemaker wrote:
16 Oct 2017
Low sense on mouse, if you wan't to have precission. But the you have to move the mouse a lot. I just use the Touchpad of my mac :)
Was going to suggest the Magic Trackpad. It's awesome and makes navigating the rack very easy. The multi-touch gestures are super handy and intelligent. The Trackpad is one of the things that makes using a Mac laptop so great.

theshoemaker

16 Oct 2017

joeyluck wrote:
16 Oct 2017
theshoemaker wrote:
16 Oct 2017
Was going to suggest the Magic Trackpad. It's awesome and makes navigating the rack very easy. The multi-touch gestures are super handy and intelligent. The Trackpad is one of the things that makes using a Mac laptop so great.
Absolutely agree with the Magic Trackpad. Macs the Macbook really shine. Is one of the best selling points for me.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Catblack

16 Oct 2017

I've been using Logitech's Performance Mouse MX for about 8 years now. Actually on my 3rd, I RMA'd my first one and then got another when the replacement finally died. Battery lasts about a week. I like it for the Darkfield tracking and the frictionless freewheel scrolling. It's a big beast and I've got huge hands. I don't like the location of the thumb buttons, too easy to accidentally click them

I'll be watching this thread for better alternatives.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

AttenuationHz

16 Oct 2017

Catblack wrote:
16 Oct 2017
I've been using Logitech's Performance Mouse MX for about 8 years now. Actually on my 3rd, I RMA'd my first one and then got another when the replacement finally died. Battery lasts about a week. I like it for the Darkfield tracking and the frictionless freewheel scrolling. It's a big beast and I've got huge hands. I don't like the location of the thumb buttons, too easy to accidentally click them

I'll be watching this thread for better alternatives.
I'd have a look at that Tracer so iv'e got stupid big hands myself. That hugs your palm very comfortable to use.

syncanonymous

16 Oct 2017

Thanks for this great info! :D
I'd love to hear more experiences.

One of our video editors swears by her mac trackpad, too.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

syncanonymous

03 Jan 2018

I bought a SteelSeries Rival 110. I did a quick set up of two different acceleration/deceleration settings which is set to toggle between the two settings with button above the scroll wheel. It is a step up with Reason...at keast there is plenty of control with the SteelSeries driver.

Rival is Wired mouse: computer makes noise every time the mouse moves...it is very quiet, but noticable :-| Not a dealbreaker initially...

I am not a huge fan of how pancake flat it is, I probably need something else, actually. One thing for sure, I was struggling with some snapping with my Microsoft Sculpt (mini...I think) when using Reason...that is all cured now

I do prefer wireless and the shape of the the MS mouse...MS mouse is much taller and fits easily in the natural curl of my hand...Rival, I gotten flatten my hand and move the mouse before I get ahold of it.

..like those flat logitech mice that move every time I click...ugh!

Fretless Fingers

04 Jan 2018

Personally I’m using a sharkk wired gaming mouse. It has multiple dpi settings, weights that can be added and removed and most importantly 2 additional buttons on the right side. On my Mac I have steermouse as an additional application allowing app specific custom macros with additional functions for different key commands. Example: I use the center button for instruments and left 4 button for effects in Re browser but by holding command center creates an audio track and left 4 button creates a mix channel. It’s actually extremely helpful for workflow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

EdGrip

05 Jan 2018

The more buttons the better. Can't have too many buttons.

The middle button (scroll-wheel button) on my Logitech G602 has got quite unresponsive. You have to give it a good thwack. It gets a lot of use, as both "open-in-new-tab" in web browser and "flip rack" in Reason. Bit annoying.

EdGrip

05 Jan 2018

Following advice on The Internet, I sprayed some contact cleaner in there. It's as good as new!

4filegate

06 Jan 2018

I bought logitech MX ANYWHERE 2S with Battery life: up to 70 days on a single full charge - for the price of AA Alkaline Battery consumption in one year by the old one logitech Anywhere Mouse MX.

sot

06 Jan 2018

i use this silvercrest wireless silent mouse, good battery life with power saving sleep mode, dpi button and no sound clicks, it works alright and have a nice weight feeling to it with 2 AA batteries
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (11.45 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
:reason: 10

JRJulius

19 Jan 2018

Right now I just use the trackpad and it’s fine, but back when I was still using Windows I created a profile for the Razer Naga. It took a little getting used to but resulted in a VERY smooth workflow.

I mapped the window buttons (f5-f8), the main tool buttons (QWER), and the main transport controls to the thumbkeys so basically the only keys I ever touched were Tab and Ctrl+S. The mouse is actually compatible with Mac so I could go back, but I would have to use a USB hub and that’s just too many wires for a minimal setup.

• Information