Roland SP-404sx Tips/Tricks

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
w1pl0c

11 Oct 2017

This is a nifty piece of hardware to bounce audio to and from. It has 29 onboard effects, RCA input+output, Dynamic mic in, SD card, import wav/aiff fuction. Took me about a week to get up to speed with and it. Set its output to your interface input! its glorious.

Here is a good series of videos to learn you up:

Group pad mute tip:

Id like to experiment with changing effects and dubbing tracks next.

Post tricks here. :recycle:

w1pl0c

10 Nov 2017

Im working on a process to export individual tracks of a reason project to the 12 pads of the SP 404sx. Each pad bank could essentially hold 12 tracks of a reason project, which would be fun/awesome for live remixing. With 10 banks, that gives you 10, 12 track songs at your disposal. All same tempo!
Haven't experimented with playback, but looking forward to filling out an SD card!

Hiccups i'm running into:

Exported tracks are consolidated to a single bounce folder. Bounce folders are unrecognizable by SP.

Fix: click/drag from bounce folder to SD card import folder. Run (func)import on SP.

How to keep tracks organized?
note: SP-404 organizes tracks to pads alphabetically on (func)import.
Organize with import software supplied w/ SP. Takes longer.
(func)import 12 tracks at a time. Will fill banks with tracks from same project. Quickest.

Is there a way to export tracks without grouping them into a folder?

miscend

10 Nov 2017

I always wanted one. But I got an MPC with JJOS that can cover the same ground.

O1B

13 Nov 2017

I'm tellin' Bitley you guys are using new tech.

I gotta try one of these. There's Lots of ways to 'resample'... but this looks efficient.

O1B

28 Nov 2017

My musical road (this one) started in Best Buy staring at/listening to an MPC 1000 - and the Reason 5/ Record..

Never got the MPC. Have now. Ebaying the Toraiz, and nixing the Rytm.
Comes Thursday, loving the new updates, 5-6 hr battery, 10p touch screen, 6 audio outs, MPC Swing,
internal SATA, 2 usbs for keyboards/iOS, QUANTIZE OFF, 96khz, MPC 2.0, Clip Launch:

But, with its HW stats, if all it did was hold all my CDs, Samples, Mixes, Acapellas, it'd be worth the easy access.
Finally. Im in. That timeline (in the image) is what i needed - ripped out of the computer.
ImageImage
miscend wrote:
10 Nov 2017
I always wanted one. But I got an MPC with JJOS that can cover the same ground.

• Information