Audio Interfaces

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Emian

25 Nov 2017

I still use my Edirol FA-101 FireWire interface, it's over 10 years old and still does what it's supposed to [emoji4]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FEVER met Tapatalk

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

syncanonymous

25 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
21 Nov 2017
How do you find that info out? Is it in the documentation on most. A list would be great to have.
What info? Sonnox Restore optimized for 1024 samples? It is stated in the manual :-)
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

theshoemaker

19 Jun 2018

My needs are very simple: Vocals and Podcasting. A good preamp for 1 mic and later on a proper interface for the monitors. I don't want the cheapest, but a good quality for a reasonable low price. That's why I have been tracking down 3 devices I'm interested in. That's The Focusrite 2i2 second gen, the Focusrite Solo and the audient iD4.

I don't have issues with latency, as I don't perform a lot, mostly composing my projects in the sequencer. The one thing it should really be outstanding is the sound quality.

Anyone here with experiences or comments about this audio interfaces? I'd go to the thomann headquarter anyway in the near future to give them a listen with the proper mics.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Troublemecca

19 Jun 2018

After using it for a few months now I can highly recommend the behringer umc404hd...4combo xlr/trs inputs, with 4 outputs to match so you can independently monitor the 4 diff channels if software allows...

The Midas pre-amps are gorgeous, with sufficient quiet gain to run my notoriously gain-hungry SM7B without a cloudlifter. I got the cloudlifter anyway, because I record by my noisy computer, and am very pleased.

It has 48V phantom power if needed, and functions via USB power alone... Though with more than one source I recommend using the included power adapter.

Latency is a non issue... At 96khz (which seems to be its quality/latency sweetspot on my admittedly powerful x99-platform machine), I get 2ms in 2ms out when it is set to its low-latency bias, on ASIO driver.

$99 at guitar center.

Behringer has made shit devices in the past, but this one and its little brother the 202hd are a homerun.

That said, I find the playback quality, especially through the headphone monitoring, sounds a bit tinny. Definitely usable, but fatigues my ears quickly.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Ixus

11 Nov 2018

I upgraded to Audient Id44 earlier this week, I run Win7 and there was no problem getting it installed and working with Reason. I haven't recorded anything yet though, looking forward to it :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2018

Balance all the way :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Veech

11 Nov 2018

I'm happy with my Motu 828 mk3 via firewire. It's old but gets the job done and, at least at the time I assembled my current configuration 8 or 9 years ago, was about the cleanest Windows-compatible interface available sub-$1000.

prophecy

12 Nov 2018

Troublemecca wrote:
19 Jun 2018
Behringer has made shit devices in the past, but this one and its little brother the 202hd are a homerun.
I have a 202, but that was a mistake because it doesn't have midi. So now I have a 204, which does have midi and I'm pleased with that. I used to have the Edirol FA-101 when I was on a Mac, which someone else mentioned above, but I foolishly sold all that old setup.

As a side note, anyone want a barely used UMC202HD?
Reason 10 Lite | Surface Pro 3 i5 | Akai MPK Mini II | Yamaha Clavinova CVP5 | Fingers | Ears |

• Information