Fuck Apple

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
FlowerSoldier

01 Oct 2017

I've been trying to update to High Sierra for the last 4 hours. Nothing but errors on Apple's end. I'm apparently not the only one having issues.
Who the fuck gave this update the green light?
I was really only trying to upgrade my iCloud which required the latest OS. I'm going with google drive. Fuck apple.

moneykube

01 Oct 2017

tried updating to sierra... nothing but problems... nothing worked right and reason slowed to a crawl making it unusable... reset system back to mountain lion from timemachine... everything works
Last edited by moneykube on 02 Oct 2017, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

FlowerSoldier

01 Oct 2017

I thought it would be a good idea since Propellerhead started supporting it with 9.5.2.
I should have followed my instincts. Apple updates are always a shit show.

syncanonymous

01 Oct 2017

I had a terrible time updating my ipad mini 2 to iOS11. I had a couple of apps that kept crashing, saw the update to 11 and thought that might be the ussue. I didn't know it is such a major update. It took about 4 days. The culprit is itunes, period, that's why I am responding to your post. What a mess. Anyway, I eventually got iOS11 installed, but it was bloody arduous. My internet is very slow cuz I live out in the sticks...it took about 4 hrs to run the update on ipad (overnight), which didn't work. Only by using itunes and babysitting it (for a further 6 hrs) did the update finally complete.
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

FlowerSoldier

01 Oct 2017

syncanonymous wrote:
01 Oct 2017
I had a terrible time updating my ipad mini 2 to iOS11. I had a couple of apps that kept crashing, saw the update to 11 and thought that might be the ussue. I didn't know it is such a major update. It took about 4 days. The culprit is itunes, period, that's why I am responding to your post. What a mess. Anyway, I eventually got iOS11 installed, but it was bloody arduous. My internet is very slow cuz I live out in the sticks...it took about 4 hrs to run the update on ipad (overnight), which didn't work. Only by using itunes and babysitting it (for a further 6 hrs) did the update finally complete.
We are all pretty good at using computers if we found our way to this forum. I really sympathize for the less technologically inclined. They will have to pay money to solve their problems.

syncanonymous

02 Oct 2017

Completely agree with you !
Holding users who have expertise in subjects other than computing to ransome simply to use their devices is purely unethical.

It is clearly the path most manufacturers are taking. I have a tumble dryer we call the wrinkler. A total POS. My missus has learned how crack the case and carry out repairs. It needs to be opened up every couple of months. Same with a Stihl chainsaw the local rep sold us on. After 2 years, it was constantly broken; we took it in for service and the very same local qualified Stihl service professionals broke it several times. We had to find a local mechanic with integrity to give a 2nd opinion. It is a shameful way to operate.

I hope you got your new OS sorted :-)
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD

syncanonymous

05 Oct 2017

yep, ipad is crashing unexpectedly
there have been 2 updates in 7 days
the new update patches are also a whopping 2.3GB
6hrs+ on my internet speed
I is seriously considering rolling back to 10.3
I already DL'd it when I thought my ipad was hosed

FlowerSoldier

05 Oct 2017

Yikes. Those kids over in Cupertino really need to get it sorted out.
I was never able to update and am still running 10.11 El Capitan. With no issues though, so I guess I have that going for me.

• Information