No More Sounds coming in

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CharlyCharlzz

27 Sep 2017

Hello, I use a Computer to record the sounds coming from a Motu soundcard , that Motu Receive sounds coming from a Mixer so we can record in Daws the result .
Today my Tech Guy had the idea to use teamviewer so he could see from the computer screen that record the mixer the other computer that play the media file .

the recording computer does not receive any audio and when a file is played directly from it it does not come out at all (no sounds on the meters) .

any ideas on how to solve this , it's Urgent ? :puf_unhappy:
Last edited by CharlyCharlzz on 27 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Loque

27 Sep 2017

I am not sure i understood correctly. Do record in Reason? Reason normally reserves the audio channels, that is why you may not hear anything with other applications. A solution would be to try different sound drivers or resolutions, but it wont allow you to record in Reason. I dont know the audio device nor its drivers, maybe you can record it with some special settings in the driver or just try a different driver, like a non-ASIO.
Reason12, Win10

CharlyCharlzz

27 Sep 2017

Loque wrote:
27 Sep 2017
I am not sure i understood correctly. Do record in Reason? Reason normally reserves the audio channels, that is why you may not hear anything with other applications. A solution would be to try different sound drivers or resolutions, but it wont allow you to record in Reason. I dont know the audio device nor its drivers, maybe you can record it with some special settings in the driver or just try a different driver, like a non-ASIO.
we did not put reason in this computer yet but we got a audacity and a cubase 9 le .
it's not the Daws I think , I think that maybe there is a Codec that got dumped or whatever when using team-viewer.
maybe it got nothing to do with teamviewer I have no idea
basicaly the trouble is that the soundcard works ok , it is just that the computer does not look like receiving Audio anymore .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Loque

27 Sep 2017

As I told reason reserves the audio channels, so may other applications do. Try a different driver or without TeamViewer
Reason12, Win10

• Information