VCV Rack, an open-source virtual Eurorack

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
AttenuationHz

19 Oct 2017

decoder wrote:
19 Oct 2017
http://www.switchedonrack.com/

For anyone interested in this software... Enjoy!
Noice. Will find that very useful! :thumbs_up:
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

AttenuationHz

29 Oct 2017

23 Plug-ins.JPG
23 Plug-ins.JPG (112.7 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ahornberg

30 Oct 2017

here's a whole EP made using the VCV rack:

AttenuationHz

30 Oct 2017

Ahornberg wrote:
30 Oct 2017
here's a whole EP made using the VCV rack:

Nice! Loud AF...

Jagwah

30 Oct 2017

This is super cool and it's going to keep getting better and better.

How could you not love open source freeware <3

O1B

30 Oct 2017

Structural Beauty of Harmonies in the Sound (Downloadable Patch)

https://github.com/jeremywen/JW-Modules : Scroll Down to FullScope

The visuals are created in VCV Rack using Jeremy Wentworth’s free FullScope module.

Technical Details:

Visuals = Four sequenced VCOs (sine waves) goes into a Full Scope (two panned on the left & two panned on the right, and gated layers added for increase/decrease movement), Colors changes are made by a slow LFO.

Only the VCO’s sounds with a little bit of stereo phaser goes into the scope !

On the main mix, stereo reverb added on VCO’s sounds, and some stereo Texture Synth frozed effects.

All modules used in this patch are :
JW-Modules = Clock, Grid Sequencer, Full Scope.
Simple = Clock Divider.
Autodafe = VC LFO, Clock Divider, 8 Channel Drum Mixer. Fundamental = ADSR, VC-Mixer.
NYSTHI = MVerb, NYStereo Phaser.
Audible Instruments = Quad VCA.
Arable Instruments = Joni Texture Synth.
Core = Audio Device.

Jagwah

31 Oct 2017

O1B wrote:
30 Oct 2017
Structural Beauty of Harmonies in the Sound (Downloadable Patch)

https://github.com/jeremywen/JW-Modules : Scroll Down to FullScope

The visuals are created in VCV Rack using Jeremy Wentworth’s free FullScope module.

Technical Details:

Visuals = Four sequenced VCOs (sine waves) goes into a Full Scope (two panned on the left & two panned on the right, and gated layers added for increase/decrease movement), Colors changes are made by a slow LFO.

Only the VCO’s sounds with a little bit of stereo phaser goes into the scope !

On the main mix, stereo reverb added on VCO’s sounds, and some stereo Texture Synth frozed effects.

All modules used in this patch are :
JW-Modules = Clock, Grid Sequencer, Full Scope.
Simple = Clock Divider.
Autodafe = VC LFO, Clock Divider, 8 Channel Drum Mixer. Fundamental = ADSR, VC-Mixer.
NYSTHI = MVerb, NYStereo Phaser.
Audible Instruments = Quad VCA.
Arable Instruments = Joni Texture Synth.
Core = Audio Device.
Thanks heaps for sharing this!!

Jagwah

31 Oct 2017

O1B wrote:
30 Oct 2017

Do you mind explaining how you made the Youtube video, are you zooming in on the scope and recording it or something like that? Cheers :)

EDIT: I think I give up for today, no inputs are showing on my scope:
scope.jpg
scope.jpg (20.32 KiB) Viewed 7072 times

O1B

31 Oct 2017

I'm just an admirer too. Link to the creator should be there.
It's the guy from that YouTube channel.
Jagwah wrote:
31 Oct 2017
O1B wrote:
30 Oct 2017

Do you mind explaining how you made the Youtube video, are you zooming in on the scope and recording it or something like that? Cheers :)

EDIT: I think I give up for today, no inputs are showing on my scope:

scope.jpg

AttenuationHz

01 Nov 2017

That JW-Module will not show up in VCV at all for me. A few Plug-ins don't show actually. But I had the previous JW-Module an earlier release, just the clock, that would show. :(

Downloaded unzipped placed folder in Plug-Ins that is how you do right?

Jagwah

02 Nov 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
01 Nov 2017
That JW-Module will not show up in VCV at all for me. A few Plug-ins don't show actually. But I had the previous JW-Module an earlier release, just the clock, that would show. :(

Boy a few instructions on how to install instead of simply expecting everyone to know would be... very useful! D:

AttenuationHz

02 Nov 2017

Jagwah wrote:
02 Nov 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
01 Nov 2017

Boy a few instructions on how to install instead of simply expecting everyone to know would be... very useful! D:
:lol: I know right...
Thought the readme would explain. :roll:

I'm gonna try download again. Maybe the link above is Mac or Linux maybe not.

O1B

09 Nov 2017

Developer Jeremy Wentworth has introduced another module for VCV Rack, XY Pad
https://github.com/jeremywen/JW-Modules/releases
XY Pad is a free module that lets you generate two control signals with an XY pad. It also lets you record and play back control signal paths.

AttenuationHz

19 Dec 2017

New update available v0.5.1 also included in that version is plug-in manager.

"After adding a plugin to your VCV account, log into Rack and click “Refresh plugins” "Update plugins" to automatically download new and updated plugins."

Have not messed with that in a while gonna try to make a track with it!

Seems to take a few program restarts to get all the free stuff, Probably should have added them bit by bit! :shock:

AttenuationHz

22 Dec 2017

Anyone have any success using the clock modules none of them are sending a clock or rather none of the other modules are receiving a clock for me. Is there some special way to set them up?

Edit:
Hmm. I was connecting them wrong had them connected to Clock, Connecting them to Clk works! Seems as though sample rates dictate how accurate LFO's/ADSR etc are. Nothing new there as they should anyway. Just try stick to a high sample rate though using 96k myself 192k is glitchy. But I would probably go with lower than 92 if anyone plans on making a track for the overhead if you need it when adding different modules I'd imagine more sounds = more to go wrong with distortion on the sounds caused by poor performance. If you change the engine rate your LFO's etc will most likely be at a different speed.

The free kick modules - Vult ones in particular are pretty sweet! Love how this software is progressing getting better and better. I would gladly pay for it once the code gets less buggy and more features are added. An undo is very much needed and Module tape like Reason for renaming stuff. A search function was added with that update thank god!

AttenuationHz

04 Jan 2018

AttenuationHz

04 Jan 2018

FlowerSoldier

04 Jan 2018

Interestingly enough, VCV was being discussed on HN today. I noticed that Reason was brought up a few times in the comments.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16068131

AttenuationHz

04 Jan 2018

FlowerSoldier wrote:
04 Jan 2018
Interestingly enough, VCV was being discussed on HN today. I noticed that Reason was brought up a few times in the comments.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16068131
Gaining traction! It will be massive I think as popular or maybe more so than other software in their early versions!

AttenuationHz

04 Jan 2018

Thinking of buying that Pulse Matrix for the sake of it! Although there is a 64 pattern Sequencer already. Those individual clocks to each row are appealing.

UChannel

04 Jan 2018

VCV is a blast!

AttenuationHz

06 Jan 2018

Blamsoft VCV.JPG
Blamsoft VCV.JPG (28.9 KiB) Viewed 6602 times
Coming Soon.... :o :o :o

Unfiltered audio also have a few modules with more to come by the looks of it: https://www.unfilteredaudio.com/pages/vcv-manuals

swamptooth

07 Jan 2018

I love this thing!! Just downloaded tonight and set this up

AttenuationHz

07 Jan 2018

swamptooth wrote:
07 Jan 2018
I love this thing!! Just downloaded tonight and set this up
Its cool discovering all sorts of things with it myself.

AttenuationHz

10 Jan 2018

Compilation Album, Name your price download. Proceeds go to development and maintenance of VCVrack. A volume 2 will be released also. check out muffwiggler for details when available I'll repost any here.

There is a sign up sheet available here:

EDIT: *Giving me error when replying to threads Inserted it to BB.
Last edited by AttenuationHz on 13 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

• Information