I Love My nanoKontrol2

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
skie

10 Sep 2017

Just wanted to show some love and spread the word for the Korg nanoKontrol2. It is an amazing transport controller, very tactile and responsive, and the pots and faders map nicely to instruments and the SSL as well. I used to have the Panorama P1 but I sold it and got this and have not once regretted it, in fact quite the opposite. The footprint on this thing is so small that it makes it more valuable to me than my Panorama P1. The backlighting is pro quality you won't get tired of it, its simply dreamy. I do a lot of audio recording so lots of takes and overdubs and deleting and this thing is Gold. And its really inexpensive I got mine new for $60 so you don't have much to lose in trying one! Oh PS the new(ish) Akai MPD 218 is fuego as well :D :D :D

motuscott

10 Sep 2017

I have 2. One as a standard mixer cntrl, the other mapped to whatever instrument. Especially the guitar amps, no mousing around!
Great kontroller.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

Do you still love the nanoKontrol2? I'm trying to decide between the P1 and the Korg and you'd be a great person to ask! Is it easy to setup and use in Reason?

pushedbutton

30 Jan 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022
Do you still love the nanoKontrol2? I'm trying to decide between the P1 and the Korg and you'd be a great person to ask! Is it easy to setup and use in Reason?
It's a no frills set of knobs and sliders, they're not powered or anything but they do the job.
the app does a reasonably good job of cleaning up your midi drivers even beyond what Korg need to install.
the P1 is a lot fancier but it's also more expensive.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

pushedbutton wrote:
30 Jan 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022
It's a no frills set of knobs and sliders, they're not powered or anything but they do the job.
the app does a reasonably good job of cleaning up your midi drivers even beyond what Korg need to install.
the P1 is a lot fancier but it's also more expensive.
Thanks! Can you do DAW controls like transport etc... with the NanoKontrol?

skie

30 Jan 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022
I do! Still use it every day pretty much.

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

skie wrote:
30 Jan 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022
Great! So, I'm wondering if you can map controls and save templates to recall like you can in P1?

pushedbutton

30 Jan 2022

gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022
skie wrote:
30 Jan 2022

Great! So, I'm wondering if you can map controls and save templates to recall like you can in P1?
https://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/nano ... 760000.pdf
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gkillmaster

30 Jan 2022

pushedbutton wrote:
30 Jan 2022
gkillmaster wrote:
30 Jan 2022

https://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/nano ... 760000.pdf
Thanks! didn't think of that. Interesting that there is no mention of Reason in there. Thanks for the link.

• Information