edit Lua for Nektar mapping?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
AttenuationHz

03 Aug 2017

I have recently been taught how to write/edit Nektar panorama maps for RE and VST's with a lot of help, much appreciated! There is one main thing I want to do but I'm not sure how to do it. If this can be done it would solve a couple of problems I ran into while trying to map and possible other problems with VST maps on the Nekter Panorama series.

What I want to do is use a button to be able to cycle through CC values. So instead of pressing a button and it equalling 0 or 1. Make it so when it is pressed, 1 again 2 again 3 etc. all the way up to 127 but also so it is scalable to whatever it is associated with. So pressing once will cycle through 3 or multiple different button options, for RE or VST map destinations that could be associated with buttons, instead of how it currently does it 0%-100%
Button press cycles through.JPG
Button press cycles through.JPG (8.88 KiB) Viewed 327 times
↑mapped to a knob

An example of this would be ReMark rack divider. I don't want it to get the better of me because it should be easy to map as there is only 1 control but it is more complicated than it looks for the way I want it to be mapped (buttons as most used colors, quick colors on the nektar display). The only automatable control on that is panel color but it has to be mapped to a knob or fader. When it is mapped to a button it will only select black or white first and last colors. Not cycle through all colors which is what I'm trying to do.

I'm sure others have come across this problem when mapping also, so can the LUA be edited to make this command? Call it CYCLE on the mode for the button map simple solution but how would it be done?

The buttons on the display are able to navigate through menu options up/down on the Panorama display so I know it might be possible.

Anyone with the bigger brains than I please help the community out! I was trying to map FabFilter Pro Q2 and make the buttons bypass the bands but it was doing the on/off thing again. There is 3 band states on that remotable on/bypass/off and I thought the BYPASS mode might work but it does not. There is also options for different slopes which would be much better mapped to buttons. The simpler solution atm is to map each band to pages but honestly that is time consuming and messy it should be much easier than that and a button cycle mode would be the best option I feel not just for the maps I want to do but for all future RE and VST maps.

@TChandler @justin3am @Koshdukai @Lizard @Carly(Poohbear)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information