I just bought a guitar

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

23 Jun 2017

For years I've owned an acoustic electric (a Yamaha APX-4A, which is a fantastic instrument in its own right), and added an Ibanez bass about 10 years ago. But I've really just wanted an electric guitar - something that looks amazing and sounds fantastic.

Well, today I pulled the trigger on a Gibson/Epiphone Emperor Swingster (in White Royale)! I'm pretty excited about this, as I always imagined my first electric would be a hollow body. It's got a parallel/series wiring scheme (which is switchable with push/pull knobs), humbuckers with classic Alnico V magnets, enamel wire, and overwound coils, and a Bigsby licensed B30 tremolo with original style wire handle.

I dig it's sound, and just as importantly (IMHO) it's absolutely gorgeous to looks at!

Anyway, just had to share. :puf_bigsmile: :puf_wink:

Epiphone_Swingster.jpg
Epiphone_Swingster.jpg (649.43 KiB) Viewed 1234 times

And I couldn't help but think of these guys when I saw it:

she sells.JPG
she sells.JPG (115.74 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
stray cat strut.JPG
stray cat strut.JPG (155.1 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

modecca

24 Jun 2017

Recommendation:
Take this gorgeous new purchase +an amp+ a case of beer and a recorder to the mountains and play from duck till dawn.
🔗💥

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

modecca wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Recommendation:
Take this gorgeous new purchase +an amp+ a case of beer and a recorder to the mountains and play from duck till dawn.
this. the case of beer is crucial ;)

modecca

24 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:
24 Jun 2017
modecca wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Recommendation:
this. the case of beer is crucial ;)
Oh crap I said from duck till dawn ( I got poor ducky on the brain and I am the only one cryin over this bird 🐔 )
Back on topic:
Should your guitar fall off a cliff during the drunken trip to the canyon, I will help with 10 percent of the cost of the guitar as per the usual recommendation liability fee.
🔗💥

Gorgon

24 Jun 2017

EnochLight wrote:
23 Jun 2017
For years I've owned an acoustic electric (a Yamaha APX-4A, which is a fantastic instrument in its own right), and added an Ibanez bass about 10 years ago. But I've really just wanted an electric guitar - something that looks amazing and sounds fantastic.
Nice! I've been playing my electric guitar (and bass) a lot with Rocksmith lately. And I'm having a blast doing it. Playing a game and learning to play at the same time.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Heater

24 Jun 2017

How many note poly?

WongoTheSane

24 Jun 2017

Heater wrote:
24 Jun 2017
How many note poly?
:lol:

Sweet guitar, EnochLight!

joet63

25 Jun 2017

Nice guitar (axe) EnochLight! :-) I have an Epiphone Sheraton and I love it! I also have a Yamaha CPX 900 and I think it's an amazing guitar as well!
:adapted: :reason: :record: :recycle: :refill: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :ignition: :re: :PUF_figure: :rt:
R5 Record iMac 2.0 Core 2 Duo 4Gb of RAM

• Information