Any problems with MacOS Sierra?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
teddymcw

27 Jan 2018

MassiveSoundStudios wrote:
27 Jan 2018
I'm curious? How are Reason users finding version 10 runs on Seirra or High Seirra? With the new Logic update I'm tempted to upgrade from El Capitan. I'm using a late 2013 MacPro (trash can model) 3.7Ghz Quad Core with 16 GB RAM. I really want to upgrade, but not if Reason's performance takes a hit. I usually always stay at least 1 OS behind, and I know the saying, "Never change a working system", I'm just curious if 10.12 or 10.13 runs better than 10.11?

Any thoughts/advice/experiences would be very much appreciated. Thanks :-)

It’s fine for me about about a week of light use on a new machine. Fine as in nothing wrong at all so far. Haven’t started with big files yet though and it’s an adequate iMac machine, so really who knows.

philosurfer

03 Feb 2018

I have a completely maxed out 2017 MBP 15" and I am having all kinds of laggy display issues in High Sierra. I replaced my 2014 MBP and I am getting worse performance. :(

Seems to be some issue with the display drivers running like crap because I can play fine sub 5ms lag, but the display is like 500ms behind.

I am also getting video glithes when I watch videos on the web.. so I suspect this is a Mac bug I will have to wait 6 months for a fix they quietly release. #AppleLife.

pongasoft
RE Developer

12 Feb 2018

I just upgraded to High Sierra (macbook pro mid 2014) and confirm that the following hardware works fine:

- Motu 828mk3
- NI Traktor Kontrol S2
- NI Maschine Studio
- NI Komplete Kontrol Mk2

In terms of software, Reason (9.5), Maschine and Traktor are working fine (meaning they run and don't crash...) but have not run any extensive performance testing.

Note that I did have to upgrade as the latest version of Logic released a few days ago did not support 10.11 (El Capitan) anymore...

Yan

sparq

23 Feb 2018

Reason 10 Mac OS High Sierra - I have a dual monitor set. On main screen I have sequencer and mixer (attache) on second monitor I have the rack. Prior to update to HS I had El Capitan and everything was fine. I had my template to open reason using both monitors. Nothing changed with my template but now when I open reason main monitor is same but my rack is detached on main monitor and I have to drag the rack back over to the 2nd monitor. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??????

wendylou

24 Feb 2018

sparq wrote:
23 Feb 2018
Reason 10 Mac OS High Sierra - I have a dual monitor set. On main screen I have sequencer and mixer (attache) on second monitor I have the rack. Prior to update to HS I had El Capitan and everything was fine. I had my template to open reason using both monitors. Nothing changed with my template but now when I open reason main monitor is same but my rack is detached on main monitor and I have to drag the rack back over to the 2nd monitor. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??????
Same here. I just chalked it up to the OS and bought "Stay" in the App Store. It's not perfect, and kinda pricey @ $14.95, but now after I open a song where the windows were previously across both monitors but open in the main monitor on top of each other, I click"Restore Windows" in the Stay menu bar and all the windows go back to where they were saved in the song, i.e. Mixer and Rack on other monitor and the timeline on the main (or however you've set up and saved them, including their exact placement, width. etc.). It's the one app that works for me better than other window management apps I tried to resolve this problem with Reason songs on two monitors.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

• Information