Audio Card Setup

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Afruglari

10 Jun 2017

I just upgraded from a 2011 version of MacBook Pro to a 2016 version.
My Mbox 2 Mini doesn't work (The usb light is off) I'm using a usb 2.0 b - usb c (thunderbolt) cable. Do I need to download a driver or something and does anyone know where I could download it from? Also, is there a big difference in the quality of the latest sound cards Vs. my old Mbox 2 Mini?..Should I upgrade and if so, are there any recommendations?..I don't know much about computers or computer hardware and English is not my first language so if someone could explain the way they would to a 12year old, it would be very much appreciated. Btw. I'm an intermediate guitar player with very basic beginner piano skills and have been using reason since 2002 So I understand how most of it works, just not the setup/installation process.

teddymcw

20 Jun 2017

Afruglari wrote:
10 Jun 2017
My Mbox 2 Mini doesn't work (The usb light is off) I'm using a usb 2.0 b - usb c (thunderbolt) cable. Do I need to download a driver or something and does anyone know where I could download it from? Also, is there a big difference in the quality of the latest sound cards Vs. my old Mbox 2 Mini?..Should I upgrade and if so, are there any recommendations?..I don't know much about computers or computer hardware and English is not my first language so if someone could explain the way they would to a 12year old, it would be very much appreciated. Btw. I'm an intermediate guitar player with very basic beginner piano skills and have been using reason since 2002 So I understand how most of it works, just not the setup/installation process.
Ya, you'll need to at least download and install a driver, it should work after that. Note that I've always had problems with using my MBox's once and working fine with it, then unplugging the USB, then plugging it back in and it stops working. I have to restart the computer at that point to get it to work again. I bought a little Scarlett bc of that problem but that has it's own problems too.

teddymcw

20 Jun 2017

teddymcw wrote:
20 Jun 2017
Afruglari wrote:
10 Jun 2017
Ya, you'll need to at least download and install a driver, it should work after that. Note that I've always had problems with using my MBox's once and working fine with it, then unplugging the USB, then plugging it back in and it stops working. I have to restart the computer at that point to get it to work again. I bought a little Scarlett bc of that problem but that has it's own problems too.
I think that the audio drivers will only work up to 10.9 which is Mavericks at very best, mine did.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_U ... popup=true

AttenuationHz

20 Jun 2017

I've an Mbox 2 mini on windows. Last I checked it doesn't work on the last few MacOS. I would probably upgrade alright! I'm waiting for a Mackie Studio to be restocked online. Will probably turn the Mbox into a project box or a door stop.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

• Information