An introduction

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Fantom Frost

03 Jun 2017

So I have used Reason for a long time it seems..since version 2.5

I used to participate on the propellerhead forums but then when i came back they were gone...sad

anyhow I decided it was time to get back into it.

I am about to start on Yes tribute album and I need my chops and gear in order.

I have a pro am studio set up with sorta soundbooth capabilities

in the past my music has been all internal but times are changing.

i want to add in voice and bass guitar

I am hoping there is a way to do this without getting a new mac..I run a mac mini and have a sandblaster usb...I am researching to replace that and getting with the times it seems audio interface is the way to go. which is fine for me....in researching that I learned that the audio interface (At least for monitor is just as good as the sandblaster.(this was my thinking from going from windows to mac...and I had the sound card already.so no comments on that(

so some advice to update the setup and directions to point me in as to what i need

I have been getting popping every now and then..I have had the computer has a latency issue message so i have stepped the samples section in preferences (hope that was the term)

I appreciate any direction as to what way to go..I tend to get a setup and then don't keep up on anything after that(it helps with gear envy)

File Apr 28, 10 53 12 PM.jpeg
File Apr 28, 10 53 12 PM.jpeg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 634 times

Last Alternative

03 Jun 2017

Get a top specs late 2015 27" iMac and a Universal Audio Apollo twin mkii solo. Spend almost 5 thousand dollars and you might have audio and graphics issues and need to run Reason in low resolution just to attenuate the issue, all because Propellerhead hasn't found and fixed the problem on their end all this time that Sierra has been out. I am very upset with Propellerhead at the moment, in case you can't tell.
They love making new stuff and leaving us with unfixed bugs.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

QVprod

03 Jun 2017

Fantom Frost wrote:So I have used Reason for a long time it seems..since version 2.5

I used to participate on the propellerhead forums but then when i came back they were gone...sad

anyhow I decided it was time to get back into it.

I am about to start on Yes tribute album and I need my chops and gear in order.

I have a pro am studio set up with sorta soundbooth capabilities

in the past my music has been all internal but times are changing.

i want to add in voice and bass guitar

I am hoping there is a way to do this without getting a new mac..I run a mac mini and have a sandblaster usb...I am researching to replace that and getting with the times it seems audio interface is the way to go. which is fine for me....in researching that I learned that the audio interface (At least for monitor is just as good as the sandblaster.(this was my thinking from going from windows to mac...and I had the sound card already.so no comments on that(

so some advice to update the setup and directions to point me in as to what i need

I have been getting popping every now and then..I have had the computer has a latency issue message so i have stepped the samples section in preferences (hope that was the term)

I appreciate any direction as to what way to go..I tend to get a setup and then don't keep up on anything after that(it helps with gear envy)
Welcome to ReasonTalk! You may recognize a few folks here from the PUF.

Macs tend to last pretty well so depending on the specs of your Mac mini, you probably won't need a new Mac but can buy some upgrades for it instead if necessary. Some of your problems may be caused by your sound blaster card. It isn't made to be used with music software, and you'd need to get an audio interface to record vocals and bass anyway.

teddymcw

20 Jun 2017

Last Alternative wrote:
03 Jun 2017
Get a top specs late 2015 27" iMac and a Universal Audio Apollo twin mkii solo. Spend almost 5 thousand dollars and you might have audio and graphics issues and need to run Reason in low resolution just to attenuate the issue, all because Propellerhead hasn't found and fixed the problem on their end all this time that Sierra has been out. I am very upset with Propellerhead at the moment, in case you can't tell.
They love making new stuff and leaving us with unfixed bugs.
Any fix with the Sierra issue?

I may have to upgrade from Mavericks for other reasons and am very worried I could mess up the whole audio chain by some unforeseen incongruity with the OS, Reason and who knows what else.

Thanks.

• Information