Interface recommendations...

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Wickline

28 May 2017

Soooo it would seem my ux2 is on its way out. Still working it issues are popping up more regularly recently. I'll keep it connected, regardless, to keep Podfarm up and running.
Before I get another one or a kb37, any recommendations for an interface? Needs to be in the sameish price range, multiple inputs, and phantom power.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

AttenuationHz

23 Jun 2017

Wickline wrote:
28 May 2017
Soooo it would seem my ux2 is on its way out. Still working it issues are popping up more regularly recently. I'll keep it connected, regardless, to keep Podfarm up and running.
Before I get another one or a kb37, any recommendations for an interface? Needs to be in the sameish price range, multiple inputs, and phantom power.
Did you get an interface? Waiting on the Mackie Big Knob Studio/Studio+ to be stocked has absolutely everything you could need on an interface. Not in the same price bracket as what your looking at but honestly worth waiting for.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Wickline

24 Jun 2017

Not yet - it's still hanging on.
I'll take a look at the big knob. I do like Mackie products.

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

i'm a cheap SoB.

i was looking for something with 4 ins and 4 outs so i could use stomp boxes on my synths. ended up going with the Behringer UMC404HD which is 100 dollars. no problems so far, fingers crossed!

Wickline

24 Jun 2017

aeox wrote:i'm a cheap SoB.

i was looking for something with 4 ins and 4 outs so i could use stomp boxes on my synths. ended up going with the Behringer UMC404HD which is 100 dollars. no problems so far, fingers crossed!
I'll look at that as well.

jonheal

24 Jun 2017

Wickline wrote:
24 Jun 2017
The one thing I've heard about the Big Knob is that the paint wears off the big knob. I have been very happy with the PreSonus iOne (as in the driver has not crashed Windows 10, yet), but you'd need the next model up with more inputs.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

AttenuationHz

24 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
24 Jun 2017
Wickline wrote:
24 Jun 2017
The one thing I've heard about the Big Knob is that the paint wears off the big knob. I have been very happy with the PreSonus iOne (as in the driver has not crashed Windows 10, yet), but you'd need the next model up with more inputs.
The new ones? Or the one that's out atm.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jonheal

24 Jun 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Jun 2017
jonheal wrote:
24 Jun 2017

New PreSonus or new Mackie? I have the first generation iOne.

AttenuationHz

24 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
24 Jun 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
24 Jun 2017

New PreSonus or new Mackie? I have the first generation iOne.
Big knobs :? :lol:

jonheal

24 Jun 2017

I was not aware of a new Big Knob model, so perhaps disregard my comment about its flaky paint. Maybe that is no longer an issue.

AttenuationHz

24 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
24 Jun 2017
I was not aware of a new Big Knob model, so perhaps disregard my comment about its flaky paint. Maybe that is no longer an issue.
Hope it isn't. Had me worried there for a minute thought you meant the new ones. I think the release got pushed back though so you may be right! Can't find the reason why they are being released in September now.

• Information